Chapter I

'Mum i'm going out shop, see you later.'
'Woah woah woah,no your not.Until you do those dishes then you can, what do you want to get?Drugs, coke, sweets, a new friend?'
'Mum listen...I am mature enough for doing things myself now.Plus I can't get a new friend from a shop'
'But your only 15, Dune.Your not in the adulthood yet.Anyways do these dishes.'
'Why?'
'You can get £10!'
I walk slowly to the sink and put the gloves on.I grab the dish soap aggresively as i knock over the wooden spoon on the side.
'What was that?' mum poked her nose through the door.
'Oh uh nothing.'
'No i know it was something, what is it?'
'Fine, the wooden spoon.'
I pick it back up off the floor as I do a big sigh.I start scrubbing the plates and knives and then stumbled out the door nearly tripping over my trainers 'for god's sake.' I said and i put them in the shoe cupboard.I sat down on the sofa and then mum stares at me.
'Have you finished?That was quick ok you can go shop now' as mum hands me the £10 she owes me washing up for her.
I dash out the door and lock it quickly.I then run to the shop and when i get there I had a terrible stitch in my side.
I walked in and grabbed a bag of sweets and a few things for mum,dad and my sister.'9 quid.' the till man asks looking very grumpy.

The house was awfully quiet when I got in.I walked through the house and put the keys on the table next to the stairs.'Hello?Why is the house so quiet?Anyone here?' I walked in the kitchen and i put the snacks on the side and pulled up the blind to look outside.'it's dark out,i'm going to check the time.' I grab my phone out of my bag.'eight o'clock , wow they must be out at Deb's house at her friends as always.' I go upstairs and fall on my bed.I sink in the flower-smelling duvet.'I love mum's new washing detergent.'I get up and walk over to the bathroom and brush my teeth.'blood?' I spat my toothpaste out and saw blood.I look in the mirror and look in my mouth.'whatever, I must've caught a bit of gum or something.'
I fall into my pillow again and drift off to sleep.