Past

Tanjiro's POV :

W-WHY DID I DO THAT ???? Am I crazy or ???? Fortunately I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what that mean but still... He left because of me again... I want to text him so bad to tell him to come back but since he didn't know how to read and write he'd never got a phone... I should try to find him. I texted Zenitsu to ask him if he saw Inosuke while putting on my clothes. He answered right away he saw him going to the forest. Perfect ! I know where it is and I know his favorite spot in there, I can find him !

I went outside and started running out of the building but Mr. Tomioka stopped me :
-"Tanjiro ? Aren't you grounded for two days ?
- Hum.... I.. Mr. Uzui told me to come visit him because he has more works for me and Inosuke !!"
My face started looking weird, I know I can't lie but I have to, sorry Mr. Tomioka !!
-"Oh, alright then go on.
- Thanks ! Have a good day !!"
I ran as fast as I could. I took an umbrella because it was raining pretty hard, but it was easier to run without opening it. I finally reached the forest but I continued to run because his spot was kinda far yet.

I stopped running as I saw him, sitting down on the wet weed, looking at the horizon.
-"Hey Inosuke...
- Huh ???!! Why are you here !!?"
When he turned his face I saw water on his cheeks, I could have thought it was the rain but his eyes were red and inflated.
-"Inosuke why are you crying ??"
I sat down close to him, our shoulders touching. I opened the umbrella to protect him from the rain. I hope he's not crying because of me...
-"I'm not. It's the rain.
- Stop lying ! You can trust me, Inosuke."
He stayed quiet a bit before finally tell me :
- "...I want to go home."

I heard his voice cracking. My heart sank. I didn't want to interrupt him so I didn't say anything and let him talk :
-"It was better when I was on my mountain. It was cool, why did they bring me here ? I didn't want to come in that stupid school.
- What do you mean, "they brought you here" ?
- I don't know, weird people talked to me, asking for my parents or something. I answered them I don't have any. They took my boar mask and forced me to come in a school. They explained me things but I wasn't listening, I just felt empty it was weird. I changed school every week because I always got in fights and they all expelled me. So I landed here and when you smiled at me, I think it was the first time I felt good since they made me left my mountain."

I thought I was going to cry. I didn't know he had been through something like this. I felt so sorry for him. He pointed a mountain which was so far we almost couldn't see it.
-"It's out there. I lived on this mountain and now I'm so far from it. I want to go back.
- I'm... I'm sorry Inosuke. I promise I'll bring back on it."
He grabbed my haori and put his head on my shoulder. He wasn't sobbing but I could see by the tears in his eyes that it's because he was holding back. I put my arm around him to comfort him and keep him warm.
-"Is that an umbrella ?
- Yes ! It's cool right ?" I softly smiled at him.
-"Yeah."
I can't believe children can be removed from what they love just because they're orphans. I know school is compulsory but to go that far that they teared out a lonely child in a new place he had no clue about... I felt really bad just thinking of it.

-"Tenkiju wanted to give me his, but I prefer yours, it's better.
- Ow thanks, it's nice ! You met Zenitsu earlier ?
- Yeah he told me to ask you on a date.
- W..What ??"
Why does he always have to say things like that ?? And I, am the one who makes his chest weird ?? Anyway.. of course I'm happy he's saying that but I can't stand it, I just want to kiss him so bad.
- Yeah, I don't know what a date is but if it's with you I agree to do it.
- Hm.. A date is when you like someone a lot so you want to go spend some time with them in a nice place. After few dates you can be a couple.
- Awesome !! Let's go on dates and be a couple !!!
- I..Inosuke that's not..!! Huh....."
I wish he knew all those things because I'm so embarrassed right now, I don't know what to say to him and my heart feels like it'd explode !!

ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘
• 816 words !
sorry that was a bit sad :( i didn't know if i should have put a tw so tell me if it's better to put one !! hope u still liked it tho and hope your excited for their date eheh !!(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)