5 - Meet and Greet

-+c+-
CHAPTER FIVE
-+c+-

Footsteps echoed in the distance, signaling the approach of two people

Petra slowly walked toward the sound, not wanting to disturb Peter.

She saw a girl and boy about the same age as her, most likely Peter's friends he told her about. Their worried expressions were clearly visible in the moonlight, and when they saw Petra, they shot each other confused looks.

Petra raised her hands and pointed to where Peter was, then at her suit, so they would understand the connection.
The pair nodded and walked past her, wrapping Peter in a comforting hug.

At the sight of his friends, Peter reached the end of his rope and began to let go. Sobs were muffled as Peter cried into the girl's shoulder, and he sunk his head in sorrow.

Then suddenly a tingle crawled up Petra's spine. She swiftly turned around and scanned the skyline. Someone was coming..she could feel it..and it felt familiar.

The shards of moonlight fell on top of a small dome not far off. Two figures were perched there as black silhouettes, their bodies perfectly resting against the rock.

No human can stand like that...

The realization sent excited and amazed chills up Petra's spine. Their position was one she was familiar with, very familiar.

With agile movements, Petra flung webs toward the dome and leaped forward with quick strength. The two people warily stepped backward, changing their stance to one of defense.

When she landed on the dome, Petra put her hands up and let them see her face. They came into the moonlight after sharing an uneasy glance. All of them looked the other up and down, both curiosity and confusion alight in their gaze.

"Are you Peter Parker too?" All three of them said at the same time.

"Yeah." They all answered.

Petra tilted her head. "Don't tell me I'm the only girl."

"You're the only girl." The two male versions said, their eyes still locked on their female counterpart.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe there's more of you!" Petra gasped, walking closer and inspecting their suits.

Her hand ran over the chest of the younger one of the two (and the more handsome, she thought), amazement laced in her expression.
"Woah...it's so..different."

The man awkwardly cleared his throat and took a step back.

"Oh, sorry." Petra looked away, embarrassed.

"Y-you're a girl." The older Spider-Man stated.

"Well done." Petra raised her arms in mock praise.

"Wow," the other man breathed. "That's weird.."