Rooms

My surroundings seemed different. Yes... It was indeed different.

I remember the basement was bare with no colors or furniture other than a nightstand, a bed, and a dusty plain couch. And it wasn't this dark, I remember there being a small light up above always dimly lit... so where was I now?

Was it all perhaps all a dream?

Excitement filled my very being. Yes, it all must have been one of those long nightmares that seemed to never end. Smiling at the thought, I hurried over to the door.

Any feeling I had felt just seconds ago was now replaced with dread as I turned the knob.

Locked... It was locked! Trembling at this, my knees gave out as I searched the room frantically. Mentally pleading for something to provide me proof that I was indeed not kidnapped and that I was back at home or anywhere but here.

But nothing. There was nothing familiar that was from home and no sign of anyone ever being here in this room before for years. Just dust and worn out furniture.

"You're awake..." I jumped at the voice and quickly turned to see a tall shadow. Slowly he walked closer to me and roughly grabbed my face. His dark eyes stared into mine and his fingers dug into my cheeks. "Come, follow me." He pulled on my arm and took me out of the room into a hallway.

My body shivered at the cold temperature in the hall. I could hear the A/C running, from the distance and the sound of his footsteps echo throughout the corridor. Where were we?

"Wh-Where are you taking me?" I stammered out. He glanced back at me and only smiled widely as we walked down a small, short flight of stairs.

"Don't worry about it." He muttered. We passed a few doors until finally, we reached a door with a large M carved on it. He pulled out a golden key and used it to open the door. Before I knew, he had grabbed me by my waist and tossed me over his shoulder. I struggled in my position, squirming to be released, but he only ignored me. His hand tightly gripped onto my thigh, his strides becoming faster until suddenly, I was tossed onto something springy, and dusty.

It took me a while to process this. Slowly sitting up while staring at him nervously, then towards my surroundings, scrutinizing the area. I was back in the room he has kept me in since day one.

"I'll be back in five minutes, tops." He said, breaking the silence.

Not wanting to look at him, I tucked my legs under me and listened to him leaving. The heavy sound of my kidnapper locking the door made me bite my lip.

A sudden thought immediately came to mind. Was it still here?

Quickly, I slowly reached in between the mattresses and feel around with my fingers until I felt a cold, hard object. Good.

I withdrew my fingers instantly, not wanting to be caught by my kidnapper in fear of him finding out and doing something to me as punishment. My fingers slightly shook when the door opened.

"Here." He held out a tray with food, food that was different from the previous meals he has given me before. It was not stale or just a loaf of bread, but in fact, an actual meal.

My eyes widened in surprise, my fingers slowly inching to the tray before glancing at him.

He spared me a minor look, a sudden flash of emotion crossed his face but vanish in an instant like him. The click to the lock of the door echoed in the deadly silent room. My heart dropped.

My eyes quickly trained onto the food, suddenly narrowing in suspicion. He put something in there, I'm sure of it. Pushing it away, my stomach growled in protest, but I forced myself to ignore it. I couldn't risk it.

Looking away, I stared at the mirror that covered the wall on the right side of the room. Was that always there?

Furrowing my brows, I stood up and crept towards it, examining it.

"I placed it there." Jumping, my head snapped towards the male who leaned against the door frame, a thick pile in his hands. He began to walk towards me, a sudden shiver running up my spine as he drew closer. "Here, there's a restroom through that door there." I followed his finger that pointed to a thin wooden door that was placed at the far corner of the wall.

"Come." He brushed pass me, entering through the door and flickering a light on. Before I can think, my legs carried me into the room that turned out to be a bathroom. "Get yourself cleaned up." He muttered, before leaving. Staring warily after him, I stared at the shower room that took up half of the room.

Something was off. I concluded, quickly locking the door before stripping.