59

It was during work when Amena got a text from Daniel's lawyer. It was about the will left. How much of Daniel's assets were going to her. Amena was surprised even to hear that she was even getting anything from Daniel, to begin with.

He actually left something for her? Maybe when they got the divorce, he forgot to have changed it. Either way, money was left over for Amena and Aaliyah. Aaliyah would only be able to access hers in the future as an adult.

Amena sighed, laying back in her chair, and called her new second assistant Chester to her office.

Chester entered the room, slowly in a cautious matter. "Yes? Director Scott."

"I need you to print out a couple of things before I head out to lunch," Amena told him, getting up from her desk. She was still getting used to having Chester around. Sometimes she forgot to give him more things to do because she was so used to just having her and Rachel around. The two assistants thing she needed time to adjust to.

Plus, she also found Chester weird. He always was nervous, especially lately. He seemed to be having a hard time interacting with the other male employees. He freezes up near Steven and Mike.

Amena asked Steven about it the other day, "What have you done to have my new assistant that has him so shook," Amena said, raising her eyebrows.

Steven shrugged, "He's probably just intimidated being under two directors."

"I get that, but what the hell is intimidating about Mike?" Amena asked. Steven quickly changed the subject that day and pretended he didn't hear her.

Chester then placed an envelope in front of Amena. Amena could tell from the expensive material and lettering immediately who it was from. Damn Anthony, being extra in every way possible.

"You had some mail, Director Scott..." and he hurried away to get the printing job done before Amena could even dismiss him.

"Jesus, I thought I told Anthony to stop sending my mail to work, send it to my damn home address," Amena said to herself out loud. Even though Steven knew her secret, the way he found out still haunted her. The package slip-up seemed so long ago and yet still so terrifying.

Amena opened the envelope. The holidays were approaching, and Dutchess Lovely wanted to schedule holiday shoots before Amena left. Amena couldn't help but smile; the holiday shoots were always her favorite. The most fun and cheerful. Plus, dressing up as a sexy elf was a bonus. So, she didn't mind if this was going to be her last one.

Amena heard a knock from the door and yelled for the person to come in. She was about to hide the card but noticed Steven and relaxed, leaving it in her hand.

"Lunch? My office?" He asked. Closing the door behind him and putting his hand back in his suit pockets. Amena nodded; he literally either ate alone or just them two in his office. No other place or person. Amena liked it at first, but damn the man needed more friends.

"What's that?" He pointed with his chin to the pretty decorated card in her hand.

"Modeling stuff. Anthony wants me for a holiday shoot before I go."

"Go?"

Amena eye's lit up. She forgot to tell him. "Yeah, I'm moving on from them. Gotta let the modeling thing go...."

Steven narrowed his eyes at her, "Why the hell would you be doing that?"

Amena smirked, "What disappointed you won't get to see me half naked in costumes anymore."

Steven shook his head, "I'm serious. I mean, you're the happiest when I see you do it."

"I'm a director now, Steven," Amena said in a low whisper. She had no idea why; they were in her office alone, for christ's sake. "One person from work that recognizes me, and it's game over. Chairman would have me out of here." Amena snapped her fingers. "With the way, you easily found out, and Chester being so damn gitty. Mistakes around here are bond to happen. Hell, I got two assistants now, I'm managing double the teams, and I'm part of the board, Steven."