Love Built on Trust

Sitting on the bench outside the school, all Sean could think was...why? Why would Jake say all of that? After everything that has happened? What did they do for him to say such terrible things? His thoughts got interrupted when he heard somebody screaming.

"I'VE BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE MUSIC CLUB, DREW!"

It was... Jake and Sean decided to stay quiet so he could listen to what was being said.

"Someone recorded me at YOUR house, talking behind their back, and sent it to them! Now they won't even talk to me!"

So, he did not realize he was being recorded?

"Oooohhh."

Henry and Liam both looked at each other with an undescribable faces after hearing that. Did they know something about it?

"Well don't look at me!"

Drew seemed to begin getting defensive.

"Well, YOU'RE the one who wanted me to quit in the FIRST place! For all I know, YOU could've set me up!"

'Set me up?' what did that mean?

"And I'm telling you I didn't do jack! I don't know anything about a recording."

All Jake was doing was glaring at Drew, who then sighs and rolls his eyes. 

"So they kicked you out of the club, big deal. I'm sure there are other weird and creative ways to ask Daisy out."

Oh yeah, it was about Daisy...that was why he was in the club, and for some reason, this hurt Sean in a way. Why?

"This isn't about Daisy!"

Wait. What? Sean looked up as confused as Drew was at that moment. 

" Oh don't look at me like that. I know deep down you knew I wasn't doing it just because of her! You KNEW that I cared about this!"

'He did actually care? Then why did he say all of that stuff?' Sean thought to himself.

"That's not what it seems like the other night at mine! Jeez, don't act like we were the ones who made you say all that smack. And besides, I thought you figured out they were using you for their gain anyway."

'Using Jake? What?! We could never...' Sean kept thinking.

"They're not like that! If anyone was using someone, it was me! They gave me a second chance to prove myself and-, ...and I threw it in their face."

Sean was in shock, and Jake looked sad and...ashamed.

"It's not the end of the world, Jake. We're your actual friends, remember? The club was a waste of time anyway. Whoever recorded you did you a favor."

Oh, that line made Sean want to scream! His actual friends? Why would what occurred to Jake make them his actual friends? Would Jake have spent time with the club if he thought they were a waste of time? 

"You wouldn't understand."

That was the last thing that Sean heard from Jake before seeing Daisy. He then asked for help with talking to Jake. 

Hailey was not at school that day due to the circumstances that happened the day prior. However, the news that Jake was kicked out of the club spread like wildfire.  It got so aggravating to hear the whispers and Sean's fellow senior classmates asking him about it and what happened. 

Around lunch, Sean decided to sit by himself. There was no practice for that day without the club president being there. While eating, Sean looked up and saw that Henry and Liam were scowling at him. "What do you two boys need? I'm not in the mood," he said in a monotone voice. "So you have a problem with us being here but you have no problem stealing the girl Jake likes behind his back!" Liam said. Sean looked at them very confused. Stealing the girl Jake likes, what? "Oh don't act so blameless, you are dating Daisy, knowing that Jake likes her," Liam said, getting closer to him.