Forgiveness

Jake was alone as he moved through Rose Meadow High School's corridors. The club had just ejected him the day before because of his comments. Jake was summoned over by Drew when he saw him, but he chose to ignore him and continue walking. Given that Jake had never done that before, Drew found this strange.

Drew made an effort to speak to Jake throughout every lesson, but he refused to listen and continued to write what appeared to be an apology letter or work on his assignments. Drew was growing more and more irritated by this. Why was Jake oblivious to him? The breaking point for him came during lunch.

Jake chose to take a seat facing the gardening club outside. He was spotted by Milly's crush, Elliot, who was also a gardening club member. He approached Jake and took a seat next to him. He greeted him by saying, "Hello, you're Jake Sterling, right?" Elliot didn't mind that Jake merely gave a nod in response to his question. He didn't anticipate Jake to start shaking and crying when he inquired, "Are you OK?" Elliot was able to console him with an embrace after he muttered a "no." He told him, "Come on Jake, my friends and I will help you with whatever is going on.

Jake agreed and followed Elliot to a vacant classroom while nodding. Daisy, Sadie, Stacy, as well as Ms. Jones, were together in this empty classroom. "What are they all doing here?" Jake had thought to himself.

Ms. Jones saw the tear stains and smack mark on his face after Elliott set him down in an empty seat. "Hello, Jake. What's wrong? These women, along with myself, have observed your condition today and are deeply concerned for you "Everyone was giving him a worried expression on their faces as they all heard what she said to the boy. Looking down, as if to cover his tears, he told them everything that had happened: about how Drew continued pressing him, about what Jake said, about what the club said, about making him listen to the recording of what he had said the day before that had been made without his knowledge, and just how horrible he had felt because he truly did not intend any of the things that he had said. They were taken by surprise. They were aware of Drew's power but to that extent? The whole thing was unacceptable!

Ms. Jones sighed as she gave Jake a bear embrace and assured him that everything would be alright and that they would all assist him in making amends to them for everything. The three girls, as well as Elliot, nodded in accord. Jake said "thanks" and the bell rang after he had given a tiny smile. He stood up and started to leave when something dropped from his backpack. Jake had already left Sadie's line of sight when she picked it up and was about to inform him and give it back to him.

"Whatcha got there, Sadie?" Daisy questioned. Sadie made the decision to present Stacy, Elliot, and her. Sadie said, "It seems to appear to be some sort of apology letter that's...addressed to the Music Club. Daisy nodded and asked if she could keep it since she wanted to present it to one of the group members, Sean, who she would be seeing after school. Daisy deposited it in her backpack after Sadie handed it to her.

Drew grabbed Jake's arm and pulled him back as they were walking to class. Jake was perplexed by Drew's abrupt actions, which caught him off guard. "In light of what you and the boys did, Drew, I don't feel like speaking to you right now. The music club banned me!" Jake screamed. "You need to calm down, man. It doesn't really matter, "Drew told him. Jake was in a state of disbelief. "Not a huge deal, Drew?" Almost snapping at him, Jake said. Drew nodded in response, and that is when Jake lost his cool. He screamed, "I lost EVERYTHING because of you, Drew! Are you happy? ". Drew refused to respond to the query despite being stunned and angered. Jake answered, hurried off to class, "I thought so."

Luke had his arm around Zander's shoulders as they made their way down the hallway, and Zander had his arm around Luke's waist. They could hear a disturbance as they were moving along. The voices were so familiar to them that they exchanged confused glances with one another. They hid and peeked around the hallway corner to see Jake screaming at Drew. Zander and Luke exchanged startled glances with one another. Jake explained everything, but was he just being honest? They strolled to class while shrugging.