Chapter 6: Recovery

Night has fallen after the great fight against the God of Disease; the mutants once again had infested the wetlands, hunting, feasting and screeching. Fireflies scattered the air and danced to the beautiful melody of the crickets singing, other small animals croaked, screeched and howled; all surrounding a tall tree, holding the great heroes of the prophecy are resting while slowly recovering from their severe injuries, and Rosetta helped them aid and get better. She had disinfected their wounds, wrapped casts on their broken limbs, and given them the required medication and nutrients they needed to regain their health.

Rosetta had prepared them some vegetable soup and fed them their starving stomachs. Just like yesterday night, everyone began to feel awkward talking; from the battle against Chalchi, it was something they'd never seen with their own eyes. Rosita could feel the tension on her neck, feeling very anxious about her behaviour in her fight, and as she scoops more soup to keep her mouth shut, Chimi finally said.
"Thanks, Rosetta." Her words made Rosetta smile a bit; the awkward sensation she felt suddenly disappeared, and Chimi was glad that she felt better. The pink-haired girl fell quiet again, but with some courage, she started a conversation with her friends.
"Is everyone okay? Now that you've eaten and rest." They all nodded, gesturing that they were doing fine. Although, this incident would slow their journey to find The Beast of Savage. The grunt of Rico in pain had caught the group's attention, and he said something that the others were afraid to ask.
"Rosetta - What you did back there with Chalchi was pretty savage." As soon Maya had heard 'savage', her mind began to race with thoughts.
Is she - No! Could it?
Rosetta could be The Savage Beast?!
I can't believe we have found our first hero!!

Maya could burst out with excitement; a bright smile appeared on her face, but she kept her cool and spoke.
"Rosetta, you're The Savage Beast!" Her yelling made everyone jump. Rosette, in particular, let out a small 'eep' out of fright. Their attention went to the princess of Teca, and she, with her hand wrapped around her torso, tried to get out of her bed and reach her bag. Rosette halts her due to her severe injuries.
"You're not getting up; you still need to recover. Let me get it." For a second, Rosetta's voice was robust, but before, her face displayed confusion. She grabbed the bag from the side of her bed and gave it to her. Maya quickly dived her hand into the pockets and reached for the scroll. Rosetta was intrigued with the scroll, wondering if she had to do with something crucial.  

"See! You're the Black Caiman!" Maya's finger pointed to a picture; Rosetta took a closer look and was genuinely surprised. She had never thought that she'd be involved in a prophecy, but something else told her she should have seen it coming. Rosetta held the scroll to read and raised an eyebrow once she finished.
"Huh. That actually makes sense now." The others did not expect that to be her response after being told she's a part of an event that may or may not have a happy ending to all realms; they predicted her to panic or admitted she wasn't worthy enough or something, not a calm response.

"What do you mean?" Maya's curiosity got to her, wondering why this news wasn't unexpected to her. Rosetta took in a sharp inhale, sitting down on the edge of Maya's bed. Maya could sense Rosetta's anxiety when she asked that question. Her lips curled into a worried expression as her fingers fidget and shake.
"Nevermind"Everyone wanted to know what she was going to say, but since she was new to the party, they decided to not peer pressure her into talking. Rosetta then continued their conversation with a question.
"Does this have to do with the warrior that we fought?"

"Yes. It does." Maya replied obviously before Rico added another piece of information that certainly surprised Rosetta a lot. "He was a God, sent by Tezcatlipoca." At first, she didn't believe it; even though she saw him flying in the air, she finally believed after processing.
"Alright. You're telling me that I'm a part of a prophecy that could end in a total disaster if we fail, just because for some bat hombre?!" Maya and Rico could tell that she was trying to cope with what she had just heard, but as unrealistic as it sounds, it was indeed real.
"I understand that it sounds crazy, but will you please join our quest!" Maya pleaded with Rosetta; the way their conversation had turned out has been a bit too much for her to handle; she'd understand the amount of pressure to be influenced in a life-changing adventure. The pink-haired girl looked blankly at Maya, giving off an innocent and neutral face before replying.
"Yeah, sure."
"Wait?! Really!" Maya blinked swiftly; in shock, she hadn't thought that someone like her could have hesitated or declined at first, but by now, she should have expected these unusual responses.