Chapter 10: Becoming Acquainted

"Who ARE you!"

Suspicion and mistrust flashed in her eyes, her tall figure towering over Maya as her small figure stood silent. Maya's brown eyes had shot open from her sudden approach to her, the feeling of fright had made her heart jump as her breath was caught short. Zatz had recognised that she was feeling threatened, he began to shuffle from his spot on Chiapa, but her managed to stop himself since this person wasn't doing anything wrong...yet. Just like Zatz, the others were worried about this person's intention, making everyone pray that nothing wrong would happen.

Maya said nothing, awkwardly intertwining her fingers together. The Realm Conqueror raised a brow as she looked at her; she waiting for an reply. The Teca Princess immediately let out a gasp of realization once she understood the silent treatment.

"I am Princess Maya, Princess of the Kingdom of Teca. These are my companions; Rico, The Rooster Wizard; Chimi The Skull Archer; Zatz, The Prince of Bats; Rosetta, The Savage Beast and Azuru, The Chaos Bringer. We have been seeking you, Realm Conqueror; there is a war going against The God of Discord and recruiting you would let us have a chance to win and prevent his reign of terror from spreading through the world." Maya bowed down in from of her a sign of respect, as she took off her helmet to reveal her short black hair, which softly swept against the breeze. The other stayed silent as they turned their attention from Maya to the tall woman, who stayed emotionless through put her speech.

Her long, jet-black hair danced with the wind, displaying a little show for the other to watch. Her mouth gaped slightly as her mind progressed on what she had heard. Her eyes slowly began to change into a calmer, more friendly kind.
"Come with my me." Finally, she spoke and took off. The crunch of the sand slowly fade as she began to walk back to the Tree Temple. Maya was dumbfounded as she soon realize that she was already gone. Maya ran back to Chiapa and told him to follow The Realm Conqueror. His large paws stomped on the sand as his footstep created a louder sound than the woman's.

Unlike the other recruits that they have met, this one made everyone very skeptical; her first impression was very alarming, as if they were enemies to her home. Wonder what she meant about silver demons. An expression of worry was shown on everyone's faces as the situation that they've got themselves in made them feel uncomfortable.

◇─◇─◇─◇

As they arrived, The Realm Conqueror had lead them through the creepy hallways of her home, even the temple fit the woman's personality; mysterious and eerie. Both Rico and Azuru were feeling the sensation of dread, the building had no sound and once a noise did made its way to someone's ear, it was a jump scare. The floorboards made an unsettling creaking sound as the heroes walked. The feeling of unnerve had grew and took over the bodies of Maya, Zatz, Chimi and Rosetta, but in order to convince her to be on their side, they needed to act like fearless warriors.

Once they made it through a door that was made out of papyrus and wood, everyone was behind the ebony-haired woman as she slide the door opened; to reveal a dining room. Unlike the dining table in Maya's home, this one had no chairs only mats as the table was placed low and close to the floor. The area seemed to be invested with dust, as it coated the tables and small furniture and ornaments.

"Apologies for the mess. Please take a seat and wait for me until I return." She said as she step aside from the door to let them in. They awkwardly walked into the room as The Realm Conqueror step outside of the room and gently closed the room as the sound of her footsteps began to fade away.

"I don't like this." Chimi spoke, the lack of trust could be heard as her pale face formed into a suspicious one. Her body turned to the others, grabbing their attention.