Chapter 11: Festival of Pteros (Part 2)

The night passed already as the sun went down the horizon. The torches glowed with its blazing fires as it lit up the kingdom and thousands of citizens danced and played with each other as traditional music was played and filled the ears of everyone at the heart of Mauli. The heroes were finally ready to participate and met with the others after a long day of preparation. The boys were the first ones to arrive to the center, it was so crowded it was unbearable to stay. The volume of the shouting, music, singing and events that take place could be heard from miles away.

Zatz wore a black hip cloth along with a waist band and had a green necklace as a final touch. Rico wore a white, short cape with red linings with a long hip cloth and finally, Azuru wore a black xahpot/jacket with a binder underneath, and a dark blue gauze skirt. The boys looked at Azuru concerned.
"How did you manage to keep your identity a secret?" Azuru didn't say anything and only muttered:
"I don't want to talk about it."

"Hey guys! Sorry we're late."

The sound of Maya managed to overcome the noise of the people celebrating The Festival of Pteros. Maya could be seen in a white cueitl with a chest-length huipil with teal lining patterns; just like her casual outfit. Meanwhile, Rosetta wore a rosy pink wrap-around dress as she had golden bracelets around her ankles, wrists and neck. Chimi wore a light green wrap over the shoulder dress. Both Rico and Zatz were stunned by their beauty meanwhile Azuru flushed bright red as her cheeks felt like light. Rosetta hugged Azuru and her body became to heat up.

"Y-you look g-great." She managed to squeak out. Although, once everyone checked out all of the girls, there was one person who was missing - Tira.
"Guys, do you know where Tira is-"

"I'm sorry for being late." They all saw Tira with a gorgeous quechquemitl with her top having the color of dark red, and the skirt being itch black; almost blending in with the night. She wore a golden necklace with a star-shaped ruby with a golden outline and string . She rushed over to the others as they all stared at her.
"Apologies, I went through a bit of problems. What shall we do?"

"The music changed from hyped and beat-up to slow and soothing. Everyone began to quiet down their voices, but still remained a certain level of noise.
"Me and Azuru are going to dance, would you guys like to come?" No one said anything, but Chimi said.
"Sure, me and Rico would like to come." And with that, the two pairs walked to the center of all of the dancers, which left with Maya, Zatz and Tira. They were awkward for a minute since they didn't know what to do. Then, something hit Maya.
"Chiapa, I gotta go check on him. Zatz, you don't mind if I go look for him?" She questioned her love, he smiled softly.
"Of course." He then gave her a small peck on the cheek before she quickly ran out of the festival. Now it was only Zatz and Tira. Tira haven't had the slightest clue what to do in a situation like this, but then, saw some kids playing with some bonfires. The activity looked fun, so that's why she decided to say in her upcoming sentence.
"Why don't we play with the children, and their little bonfire-"

"Greetings! Fellow travelers!" Sevga came in and interrupted the conversation. Tira was rather upset that this woman always had come in the most unnecessary times and make things a lot more difficult than it already has.
"My, MY! Now you look just like a woman now. With all of that masculinity washed away to reveal your true beauty."
Tira, of course, was offended by her words. But for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to talk back. Although, Zatz had enough courage to call her out.
"You do know that you should say things like that-"
"No need for small talk. You go out to the dance floor like what a real couple should be doing."

The words that came out of Segva's mouth hit them hard. First of all, Tira flushed with embarrassment meanwhile Zatz was stunned. Tira in a stuttering voice, defended both Zatz and herself for the confusion.
"Segva, you must understand that we're not a coup-"
"Off you go!" She placed one Zatz's hands on Tira's shoulder, and another around her waist. Then, she shoved them into the crowd of people.