Chapter 13: Our People, Our Origin (Part 1)

Again, the night had followed the heroes, another day of dealing with another god who tried to capture Zatz for Tezcatlipoca's own self-interest. Chiapa was found after the heroes escaped from Xocho's sight, and Maya was glad he was safe and sound. Rosetta volunteered to get her teammates some food for dinner; rabbit stew was on the menu. Once Azuru started the fire, they cooked the meal in a pot given to them by Segva's servants.

The heroes ate the stew in silence, still shocked by Tira's brutal actions. The Realm Conqueror was aware of this and felt so ashamed and embarrassed for losing it, right in front of the people closest to her. She hasn't touched her food yet, from the pressure laying on her. Azuru looked to Rosetta, who was next to her and whispered to her in the quietest tone she could do.

"Do you think we should help or leave it as it is?" The question was run through Rosetta's mind; obviously, the team couldn't continue the journey like this. She had to think of a solution.
She looked over to Tira, who was across from her with the campfire being between them, flaming its heat everywhere. The feeling helped everyone from freezing to death. The tension of the awkwardness had increased, and Rosetta whispered to Tira from across the campfire.

"Hey, Tira, is there something you would like to talk about?" The Realm Conqueror didn't say anything. All she did was stare at the rabbit stew and watch her reflection. Rosetta had already predicted that this would happen, so she came up with an idea. She smiled before telling her teammates.
"Guys! You have been really caring people by helping and trusting us, so me and Azuru will return the favour."  She wrapped her arm around the Chaos Bringer and brought her closer. Azuru was so confused about what she intended to do but roll with it.
"We all know all of your stories of how you started to where you are, and we'll tell you ours." Everyone was genuinely surprised; since it was so quiet for most of the dinner time, it would be nice to hear an encouraging story. 

"We came from a hermit tribe that was isolated from the world, hidden in the forest where the flowers would shine in the dark, critters blessed with unique abilities by the gods; we came from the Linvidi Woods."

ROSETTA

The tree trunks are painted in a dark blue as the flowers  glowed an incredibly bright blue, illuminating the dark and long grass overshadowed by the tall trees. Through all of the scattered wilderness lays a small village with stone-like houses. A large campfire flared in the centre whilst people walked around the area, and in between a small group of girls, was Rosetta, but when she was younger.
"Hey Rosetta! Want to go play a game?" One of the girls from the group asked her, happiness traced in their voice. Rosetta smiled at them, but it quickly faded into a frown.

"Sure, I would love to, but papa wants to be to be back home since I got to get myself ready for the ceremony." She replied. Her friends were saddened by her reply, and Rosetta already felt the guilt for not being able to join in their game.
"A shame. Well, we'll meet you there, see you then!" Another of the girls said. As soon as they were sad, the sooner they recovered from that emotion. The rest of the group rushed forward and waved goodbye to Rosetta, leaving her alone.
"Goodbye!" Her voice was weak, having a feeling of awkwardness if she did yell at them. But, she shrugged that thought off and made her way home. Since all of the houses were near to each other, it didn't take long for her to get home.

"Papa, Mama, I'm home!" Once she had brushed the strands of hay from her the entrance of her home, she was greeted by a very charming woman.
"Oh, mija, you're here! How was your day? Did you play with your friends?" Her golden-brown hair shines like raw honey under the sun. She brought Rosetta's little body into her embrace; a comforting feeling could be felt as she met her mother's warm and loving arms. A lovely relationship they have.