Chapter 10: Cracks Everywhere

You and Camilo started fooling around when you and him saw Isabela and Mirabel on a vine with some of the rarest plants you have ever seen. "Is that, Isa and Mirabel?" You asked Camilo as he nods then flowers appeared on the ground. It all has different colors and very different from the usual ones Isabela used to grow. But an unusual plant just popped in front of Camilo and poofed the color purple to his face. You snorted then laughed when Camilo opened his eyes, "You look like an eggplant!" You said as Camilo attempted to take off the color on his face but then another plant like it burst in front of you and poofed the color blue on your face. This time, Camilo laughed at you, "You look like a blueberry!" You heard him as you wipe the color off with your skirt and tackles Camilo to the ground, "No fair!" You said as you laughed. Camilo took a good look at you and saw your laughing face with little spots of blue left. He turned you so that he would be the one hovering you. You were so shocked but you stood still... Camilo licked his thumb and wipe the remaining blue spot on the corner of your lips and kissed his thumb. You immediately went red and you squirmed out of his grip. You then saw Dolores at the entrance, smirking at the two of you. "Took you long enough, Cami." Dolores said as you looked like a tomato. Camilo stood up and saw Dolores and you and your red ears. He smiled lovingly before pulling you close and kissed your temple, "Romantic much?" Dolores teased as Camilo blushed then you three were startled by Isabela and Mirabel coming down from the sky. You three turned to them laughing, "You're a bad influence." Isabela said, flicking the flower on her skirt to Mirabel as they laughed. But then, Alma burst through the door. Camilo pulled you close behind him and hold your arm.

"What is going on?!" Alma shouted angrily. Gasping, Mirabel and Isabela stood up. "Abuela? It's okay! Everything's... We're gonna save the miracle. The magic..." Mirabel said but you can tell that the actions of Alma, she really couldn't understand Mirabel. You wanted to protest but Camilo won't allowed you. You look at Camilo and made eye contact. You saw his eyes that made you stop, "What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Alma said that made you turn to the event happening. "Please just... Isabela wasn't happy." Mirabel said, "Of course she isn't happy. You ruined her proposal." Alma said then you saw Mirabel's eyes turning into sorrow, desperation. "No, no, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this! And the candle burned brighter and the cracks... That's why I'm in the vision!I'm saving the miracle!" Mirabel said but Alma just shut her down, "You have to stop, Mirabel! The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you." Alma said as you felt the cracks more... Then it hit you, "I know why the miracle is dying..." You mumbled and Camilo heard it, "What do you mean?" Camilo asked you as you saw the cracks on the floor, "Think about it... The more your Abuela and Mirabel argue right now. The cracks form a lot faster." You said as you pointed to the other cracks on the floor, "So your saying is that... Abuela and Mirabel's relationship affects the miracle." Camilo said as you nod. "Bruno didn't care about this family." Alma said but Mirabel protests, "He loves this family. I love this family. We all love this family. You're the one that doesn't care." Mirabel said as the ground continues to crack even faster. So fast that you almost tripped and fall, good thing Camilo caught you. "You're the one breaking our home. The miracle is dying, because of you." Mirabel said and it was the breaking point. The walls began to have so much cracks. Then Mirabel goes and get the candle. You turn to Camilo and nodded. He nods back and went for the stairs at the back to save Mirabel. You saw him going through the corridor while Isabela uses her vines to help but the glow of her door disappeared and it causes her gift to disappear. Camilo shape shifted into a grown man but soon turned back to himself and falls down, "Camilo!" You shouted as you went to his side. He was in disbelief that his gift is gone. The concrete from the house started to fall, "Careful, Antonio!" Felix said grabbing Antonio. Then the tiles formed a wave, making everyone get out of the house. A thud was heard when you and The rest of the Madrigals got thrown out. "Y/N! Are you hurt?" Camilo asked as you shook your head, "I'm fine." You said. You saw Mirabel still trying to get the candle. You wanted to step aside but you were so worried about Mirabel that you went inside of Casita despite Camilo calling for you, "Mi Vida!" Camilo shouted but you didn't looked back, "Casita!" You shouted and the house pushes you up next to Mirabel and grabbed the candle then gave it to Mirabel. "Hold on!" You said as you grabbed Mirabel and jumped then Casita gather up its furniture and protected you both for the last time. You felt your back with heavy furniture but you've managed.

The rumbling stopped and the furniture fell down to the ground. You and Mirabel turned to the window to see Casita's last farewell. You gasped, you both looked at the candle and it went out. "Mirabel?!Mirabel, are you hurt?" Julieta said as you attempt to get up and walked around to see so much dusts of concrete. "Y/N!" Camilo said as he went to you, eyeing if you have any injury anywhere. "Cami... Cami... I'm fine..." You said as he breathes, "I was so worried." He said as he hugs you. "I'm sorry I worried you, Cami." You said as he gently sits you down, "My powers. They're gone." Camilo said to you as you held his hand, "What about Antonio? What is he gonna do?" He leans his head to your shoulder as you comforted him. It must be so hard for the Madrigals to not have their gifts... They practically lived with them. You then heard Julieta, "Y/N, honey, have you seen Mirabel?" You shook your head as you looked around. Camilo then heard Julieta too and stood up, "Y/N, stay here. I'm going to help look for Mirabel." Camilo said and before you protest he cupped your cheeks with his hands, "I don't want you to get hurt any further. Angelo and Gabriel are probably on their way here now... Get some rest, mi amor." He said as you took a breath in and nodded. He smiles and kissed your forehead before pulling away to see Angelo and Gabriel coming towards you, "Little sis! What happened?!" Angelo said as you shushed him, "Kuya Angelo, okay lang ako. Pero nawawala si Mirabel." You said to your older brother, "Camilo, is it alright if I could help with the search?" Gabriel said as Camilo nods. "Kukuha lang ako ng ointment." Angelo said as he left to ask for some ointment from Julieta. Then you heard your parents and Lola, "Y/N! Oh thank God, you're okay!" Your mother said as she hugs you, "Aray! Aray! Ma!" You said as she stopped hugging you. They asked what happened and you told them everything. "I hope they find Mirabel." You said as your father lets you rest your head on his shoulder, "They will find her... Just have a little hope." Your father said as you chuckle, "You sounded like Lolo, Pa." You said as he chuckled too. "Yeah... But you were much more like him than me." Your father said as you smile.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

So... To make up with no Filipino words in the previous chapters, I inserted some sentences with Filipino in it.

• "Kuya Angelo, okay lang ako. Pero nawawala si Mirabel." Meaning "Big bro Angelo, I'm alright. But Mirabel's missing."

• "Kukuha lang ako ng ointment." Means "I'm getting some ointment."

• "Aray! Aray! Ma!" Means "Ow! Ow! Mom!"

And if you are wondering if the book is gonna end... No it's not. I have my own plot waiting after the movie plot so no surprising if the book reached more than 10 chapters.