Chapter 5: Surface Pressure

Morning rises and you joined the Madrigals for breakfast. You were about to get a plate for yourself when Mirabel dragged you to talk to Dolores, who is unusually getting seconds... "Dolores, hey. You know, out of all my older cousins, you're, like, my favorite cousin." Mirabel said as Dolores seemed kind off... Odd? 'That must be Camilo... Dolores would never..' You thought as you try not to laugh and began to poke Mirabel, "Mira..." You said as Mirabel didn't hear you. "So I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything." Mirabel continued as the "Dolores" in front of her began to blush at the sight of you. You were trying to hold your laughter as "Dolores" continues to get seconds when all of the sudden, "Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." Felix said behind the both of you with the real Dolores behind him. Mirabel stops talking and looks at both Dolores and Felix then to Camilo. Camilo then changes back to himself with a smug smile that you really admire, "Worth a shot." He said as Casita uses its windows to smack Camilo to his senses. You finally let out a chuckle that made Camilo blush madly and proceeds to hit Luisa's back. You laugh at his tactics as he chuckles and touches his nape, "The only one worried about the magic is you and Y/N, and the rats talking in the walls." Dolores says coming up between the two of you. "Oh, and Luisa, I heard her eye twitching all night." Dolores added as she squeaks. You and Mirabel the look at Luisa, who brought the table. "Everyone, to the table! Let's go, let's go." Alma said as she gestures everyone to go to the table while you stand aside, "Y/N? What are you waiting for?" Alma asked you as you gave a small smile and sat down next to Camilo and Agustin. Camilo's cheeks flushed lightly as he tried to eat peacefully but you being there doesn't help at all.

Felix noticed it after Mirabel was scolded and reposition to the seat next to Alma and told his wife about it. "First, an announcement. I've spoken to the Guzmáns about Mariano's proposal to Isabela." Alma said as she stood up and walk towards your side. You then turned to Dolores, "Dolores, do we have a date?" Alma asked the second oldest child in the family, "Tonight. He wants five babies." Dolores said as she suddenly looked like she's in a bad mood. You felt upset because you knew that Dolores like Mariano but it wasn't your place to mingle in her status. Isabella, however looks a bit... Scared for some reason. "Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger." Alma said stroking Isabella's hair while Camilo just tease his cousin. You smile as Camilo send his help face to you but you just roll your eyes, pretending not to see it. Then after the speech, you stood up to come with Mirabel when Camilo stops you, "Why didn't you help me? Hm?~" He said as you chuckle nervously before Mirabel took you to catch up with Luisa. Camilo is now jealous because Mirabel is taking up the time where he wanted to confess, "Cami, your chores." Dolores said as he grunts quietly, 'I'm so jealous of Mirabel!' Camilo thought as he get back to his chores.

Meanwhile you and Mirabel caught up to Luisa, "You gotta tell me about the magic. What's going on? What are you hiding?" Mirabel said but Luisa just brushed it off saying there are just chores, "Dolores said your eye was twitching." You said as Mirabel agreed, "And it never twitches! Something's making you nervous." Mirabel said but Luisa continued to brush the both of you off. Mirabel kept bugging Luisa when she suddenly snapped, "Nothing's wrong!" Luisa shouted, startling you and Mirabel. "Luisa... Are you okay?" You asked the tall girl. She dropped the donkeys down, "Wow, uh, sorry. That... That snuck out there. What I meant was, um... Why would anything be wrong? I'm totally fine. The magic's fine. Luisa's fine. I'm totally not nervous." She said posing proudly when her right eye is twitching, "Your eye is doing the thing..." You said as Luisa leaned her face towards you and Mirabel.

(Cue in Music!)

I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous
I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is