Movies (part one)

Harry loves his family very much. Living with the Weasley's, Hermione, and Sirius is all he could have hoped for, and he is very grateful to have left 4 Privet Drive. However, having so many people in the house at once, specifically, people who don't ignore him, can become slightly overwhelming over the course of a month. Harry hoped no one will mind if he takes a day for himself. He suggested this to Ron and Hermione and was very glad to hear they are in agreement.

"I think it's a wonderful idea," Hermione said, nodding in approval. "Perhaps some alone time will give you a chance to decompress. You've been- you've been a bit," Hermione started, frowning as she tried to phrase her thoughts.

"A bit of a prick," Ron finished with a smirk.

Hermione rolls her eyes ever so slightly before saying "well, yes. Yes, that."

"Thanks, guys," Harry said sarcastically while putting on a jacket. "Tell Mrs. Weasley so she won't worry."

"Alright, mate, have a good one," Ron waved as Hermione gave Harry a hug.

And with that, he was off. He walked down Grimmauld Place and came to a stop at the end of the street. He really hadn't thought this far ahead. He breathed in deep. The fresh summer air combined with the freedom summer granted him was a welcome experience after the chaos that had ensued during the last school year. Harry resolved to not overthink and allowed himself to walk down whatever street called to him.

About a half hour later, he found himself at a train station. Harry checked his pockets and was glad to find he had left his pass in his sweater. He didn't know where he'd go, but he tapped his card at the gate and hopped on the train that would take him further into the city. Being surrounded by muggles was almost relieving to Harry. No one knew who he was here.

Harry decided that he had enough when a large group of thirteen-year-olds entered his car. He got off at the next stop.

The bright lights and the intensity of the city stunned him as he stood at the top of the subway staircase. Where to go now? So much was happening right there in front of him, but he didn't have much time to take it in as he was soon ushered out of the way by the crowd exiting the station.

He walked in the most convenient direction, whatever that was, eventually finding himself outside of a little toy store. Harry was drawn to this shop due to a little clay figure of a black cat with a witch hat sitting in the window. He smiled a little before entering. It wasn't a very large store, but it was filled with shelves of a variety of different games, puzzles, and dolls. Most of them looked independently made; Harry didn't recognize anything. It was the kind of store where every step you take you are in danger of knocking everything over. What an interesting place, Harry thought as he examined a deck of cards with moon phases on them.

Then, Harry heard a voice.

"You do realize that this doesn't actually work, right?" someone said. The voice was very familiar, but Harry couldn't quite place it.

"Well, how do you know that? Have you ever actually tried it?" A woman responded. One would think that this was an argument, but it was almost flirtatious in tone.

"No, I suppose you're right. Perhaps you could give me a reading sometime," the male suggested.

Harry, frustrated at being unable to identify the voice, poked his head around the shelf to have a better view of the strangers. Looking towards the register, he saw a tall man in a dark suit with platinum blond hair, perfectly swept back. Shit.

Harry, not wanting Malfoy to ruin his day, tried to quietly exit the shop without being seen. Unfortunately, it was too late; the store cashier had seen him.