Chapter 9

Henley across the shore. She spotted Macbeth sitting near a boat of his own.

"Ah! There you are... I've been searching everywhere for you, since we got separated." Henley said.
"Anyhow just wanted to say i shouldn't have split, the crown is all yours. I'll miss you but I think it's for the best."

Henley tossed the satchel at Macbeth’s feet, then turned to leave. However, Sven blocked her way.

"Old nut on us again, Stickmin?" he asked.

"What?" Henley asked, confused.

"We heard you found something. Something much more valuable than a crown." Macbeth replied, as he began walking over to them.
"We want the girl instead."

At those words, a look of terror crossed Henley’s face.

Later, Charlie was standing by her rowboat. She smiled when she saw a figure in the distance.

"Ah.. I was starting to think you took the crown and ran off." Charlie said.

As the figure came closer, Charlie realized it was actually two people; Macbeth and Sven.

"She did." Sven stated.

"What?" Charlie asked, her eyes widening.
“She’d never do that.”

"Well obviously she did." Sven  grinned, as he pointed to a sailboat on the water.

Charlie looked closely, and she saw Henley with her hands on the wheel.

"Henley!" Charlie called, but the other girl didn’t respond.

"It was a killer deal. A crown for the gitl with magic hair." said Macbeth.

"How much do you think someone would pay to stay young and healthy forever?" Sven asked, as he pulled out a sack.

"No!" Charlie screamed. 

She started to run away, but her hair got caught on a branch. As she tried to pull herself free, she heard noises.

"CHARLOTTE!" a familiar voice called.

"Dad?" Charlie whispered.

She pulled herself free and walked back, only to see Terrence standing over Sven and Macbeth ’s unconscious bodies.

"Charlie! I’m so glad you’re okay!" Terrence exclaimed.

"Dad!" Charlie smiled.

She ran over to Terrence and gave him a hug.

"You aren’t hurt or anything, are you?" Terrence asked.

"No, no, I’m okay. I’m so happy to see you. How did you know I was here?" Charlie asked.

"I was so worried about you! So, I followed you here and I saw them attack you, so I had to teach them a lesson." Terrence replied. "Let’s go before they wake up."

Terrence walked off. Charlie followed her, but she gave one last look at Henley’s boat. Charlie couldn’t believe she was stupid enough to believe that Henley loved her. She ran over to Terrence, crying.