Chapter 1: DreamTech

I woke up on a hospital bed. I opened my eyes and started gasping for air while my reflexes kicked in. I started to panic.

                Nurse- “Calm down, Chris. It’s alright, you’re out now. You don’t have to be scared any longer.”

                Chris- “Where am I? What happened to my suit??”

                Nurse- “Everything will be explained soon, I promise.”

                They calmed me down with some kind of drug and then sat me up. Just then, I could only make out two figures approaching me.

                Figure- “Hello, Chris.”

                It was Kate and John.

                John- “Hey buddy, how are you feeling?”

                Chris- “My head hurts, and I lost my suit. Is that even possible?”

                They just giggled a little bit and left me to rest. While I was resting, I started having weird dreams. Dreams like I was in some sort of Teranor medical bay or something and they were poking me with some sharp object. I felt it enter my head at my temple but as soon as I did, I woke up. This went on for a couple days until I was finally ready to leave the hospital.

                Receptionist- “Chris, we really recommend you stay a bit before leaving.”

                Chris- “Alright, I’ll do that.”

                I started wandering around with John and Kate. Eventually we arrived at the cafeteria. John picked us a spot and we all sat down.

                John- “So Chris, what all do you remember?”

                Chris- “Well…”

                My mind started flashing back to a memory that seemed so distant now.

                Chris- “… I remember we were at a Siege base and the Teranors were attacking but I don’t remember how it ended or how I got here.”

                John- “Chris, those events never took place in reality. Do you remember me being there?”

                Chris- “No, you weren’t there.”

                Kate- “That just proves the theory even more.”

                Chris- “What theory?”