Chapter 10: Chrimsa

I slowly opened the door hoping not to run into the black mist. I saw that it wasn't outside and I proceeded down the hall, being ever so careful. I found a stairwell and started down the stairs only to find out that more than half of the stairs had been torn apart by the creature. I started climbing down the walls, slipping every so often. There was no way I could get back up this way. I started sliding faster down the wall and I lost my grip and fell to the bottom floor.

Chris: "Dammit! Now I have to climb back up three stories somehow."

I looked around the room to no avail. I had to press on so I went through the hallway into the base's jail.

All of the jail cells were intact and seemed not to have been touched by the dark mist. There was however a burnt trail on the floor. I started following the trail, wondering why the creature had come all the way down here. I turned one corner and noticed that the trail had been narrowing since it entered the jail area. I kept following the trail as it started spacing out, only touching the ground in regular patterns and not a constant pattern; much like footsteps. The marks tightened up and formed human-like footsteps. They lead into a room that I knew was a dead end so I stopped just outside and listened to what was going on inside.

I waited while I heard items being thrown around in the room and then something I never expected to hear; a girl crying. Petrified, I turned the corner into the room with my ARD at the ready. The black mist was nowhere to be found, instead there was a woman sitting on a tipped over desk with her head in her hands. Her hair almost covered her back completely. It was black with two crimson stripes running down it about two inches apart. I stepped forward but I stepped on a bit of shattered glass and she jumped up and turned around as fast as she could. I held my shaking arm up and she held her arms up in a readied stance. I noticed her tears falling off of her face. I also noticed that her eyes were glowing a crimson color, and her face, as well as the rest of her body, was covered in a black tattoo. Her tears were glowing slightly red from her eyes.

Chris: "Who are you? What are you looking for?"

Girl: "My name is Chrimsa and what I'm looking for is none of your business!!"

Chris: "Do you know anything about a black mist that was tearing through this base?"

Chrimsa: "Yes, that was me."

Chris: "You almost killed my friend!"

Chrimsa: "I know, I didn't want to, I..."

Her tears started falling again and she let down her guard. I let my weapon drop and started towards her.

Chris: "Look, whatever you are looking for must be damn important so please let me help you find it."

Chrimsa: "It's not that simple..."

She fell to the floor.

Chrimsa: "I'm looking for my brother. He was captured and brought here, or so I thought but he isn't here."

Just then, someone pushed me from behind and held me with some kind of telekinesis against the wall. I was pinned and couldn't move.

Chris: "What the hell??!"

All I heard was a couple of screams and a couple of loud thumps and then I was released. I turned around as fast as I could but Chrimsa was gone. There was a gaping hole in the opposite wall and I started into it. The hole went inward about twenty meters and then shot straight up; straight through solid rock, steel, iron ore, and dirt. The walls of the tunnel were too smooth for me to climb. I saw nothing but the sky at the top. I walked back through the corridors and found another stairwell. I walked up to the top floor and went back to where Kate had been, but she was gone. I exited the base and saw that Erann was also gone. I started heading to the Sphera base to get some answers.