Chapter 04

August 11

I woke up and went through my usual morning routine. I chose a light blue puffed half-sleeve dress and paired it with white shoes. After breakfast, Xingyi dropped me off at Mother Lee's house. She was overjoyed to see me and was thrilled when she found out I’d be staying in South Korea. She immediately wanted to call Oppa and Unnie, but I asked her to hold off because I wanted to surprise them. Instead, I asked her to invite them over for dinner. Unnie agreed, but Oppa was busy with his schedule. Xingyi stayed for lunch before heading back to the hotel.

In the evening, unnie arrived and was completely surprised to see me. We had a lovely dinner together, and I handed out the gifts I had brought. Later that night, I decided to visit Taeyong at his company. Before bed, I made cookies with Mother Lee’s help. I packed five boxes of cookies and went to bed after completing my night routine.

August 12

After my morning routine, I chose a pink long-sleeve crop sweater jacket paired with a summer floral thin-strap midi dress and white shoes. Xingyi picked me up after breakfast, and we headed to the SM building.

Upon arriving, the front desk staff mistook me for a fangirl and wouldn’t let me in. I had to call Baekhyun, who confirmed he was at the company and sent a staff member to escort me inside.

When I entered the training room, I was greeted by nine members and the staff with excited shouts of surprise. Their reactions made me blush with embarrassment.

"Temporary?" Suho asked, and I chuckled, shaking my head. I’ve visited them a few times and met up at concerts whenever I was in the same city.

"You sure?" Baekhyun teased, and I nodded. He hugged me, and I hugged him back.

"Wow, the little girl has grown tall," Chanyeol commented. "She’s almost up to your chin," he added. I playfully replied, "Of course, I’m growing not like some," glancing at Baekhyun and winking at Chanyeol. Everyone laughed.

"I’m offended too," Kyungsoo chimed in, making us laugh again.

Suho asked what brought me to the company, and I explained that I wanted to surprise Taeyong, so I called Baekhyun for help.

"Just using me, how rude," Baekhyun joked. I rolled my eyes and handed over two boxes of cookies I had made for EXO and their staff. Suho smiled as he accepted them. After saying my goodbyes, Suho asked a staff member to take me to where NCT was. I thanked them and followed the staff.

When we arrived, the staff knocked on the door, and I saw the members lounging around while Taeyong practiced a dance step with another member. I waved at the group, and Doyoung called Taeyong over. Although I only spent about ten minutes with my brother, it was a special moment. The other members bombarded me with questions, trying to get to know me better.

After leaving the SM building, Xingyi and I had lunch at a Western restaurant before shopping around the neighborhood. I also upgraded my phone from an iPhone X to a Galaxy Note 9 in lavender purple. I usually prefer black phones, but the lavender color caught my eye.

Xingyi didn’t upgrade her phone since she’s an iPhone fan, but she did want a new case. She dragged me to a store to buy supplies for a DIY phone case. I went back home around dinner time, and after eating, I completed my night routine and went to sleep.

August 12

I started my morning routine, then dressed in a black denim skirt, a tucked-in Celine T-shirt, and a Gucci belt, paired with black ankle boots, black stockings, and a black Gucci Diana mini tote bag. I also borrowed one of Taeyong’s blazers and shades.

Xingyi picked me up with coffee, and we headed to JYP as I had promised to visit once I returned to Seoul.

Upon arriving, PD JYP had left a staff waiting for me. I met with him and shared my plan "I didn’t want to join or debut under JYP because I wanted to debut under the same agency as my brother." I thanked PD JYP for inviting me back, and to show my appreciation, I promised to give him ten song drafts from my collection. He also requested that I help with a few projects until I rejoined SM, and I agreed.

During lunch, I asked Xingyi to contact my previous coach at SM to inform them of my decision, and I also asked her to start planning a visit to my grandparents. Additionally, I requested her help in looking for an apartment.

After returning home, I took a break and decided to text my cousin. When I didn’t get a reply after a few minutes, I finished my night routine and went to bed.

August 13 – August 16

Each day, I began with my morning routine. On the 13th, I wore a Sleeveless Emerson dress with White Satin
Long-sleeved Blouse with a Bow Tie underneath Jimmy Choo blue heels, a Chanel blue flip bag, and Chanel pearl accessories, styling my hair in a half-updo with a light blue bow. Xingyi picked me up, and we headed to my grandparents’ house.

When I arrived, Taeha, my 4-month-old cream-colored Pomeranian puppy, was ecstatic to see me. I had sent Taeha to stay with my grandparents on my birthday, accompanied by Uncle Kang, who takes care of everything for my grandparents. My mom had gifted me Taeha when she was only a week old, and this was our first time apart. Despite my busy schedule, I had always cared for Taeha myself. After being separated for ten days, she clung to me, refusing to leave my side.

During the three days I stayed with my grandparents, they treated me like royalty. I shared my plans with them, and they contacted SM to help me resume my training as soon as possible. They also showed me several apartment options they had selected for me. On top of that, they bought me a car, as Xingyi had been using a rental to drive me around.

After returning home with Taeha and her belongings, I had dinner and completed my night routine. I spent some time reviewing the apartments my grandparents had shown me and found three that I liked. I sent their photos to Xingyi before going to sleep.