11

📍Trigger Warning: Physical Abuse and Panic Attack.📍  Unedited.

McKenna's POV

"Aunt Lizzie, do I really have to do this today?" I turn to look over to my aunt who's currently driving me back home to talk to my mom. 

"Honey, you have to tell your mom about everything. I can't have Colin hurt you any longer," Aunt Lizzie explains. 

"Okay but what if she doesn't believe me? She's been with Colin longer than she's been with me, I'm certain she'd take her side," I press further. 

"McKenna, you're her daughter and I know she wouldn't put anyone between her and her children. You have to trust her a little more, I promise you she won't pick him over you," she reassures me and gives my hand a squeeze. 

I look back out the window and see that we're turning into our neighborhood, "is she even home? I thought she had work today?" I ask. 

"She did but she texted telling me that she was able to finish early and was eager to come to see what you had to tell her," I nod at her response and watch as Aunt Lizzie pull up to my house. I see mom's car in the driveway, "See? She's home. Now go on child, call me afterward okay?" 

I nod and kiss her cheek as I reach for my backpack from the backseat and wave one last time at Aunt Lizzie and make my way towards the front door. I hear Aunt Lizzie drive away as I walk into the house closing the door behind me and locking it immediately. 

"Scar?" I yell out and walk further into the house looking at the living room and turn to look into the kitchen to see if mom was there. "Mom?" I yell out not realizing what I had said out loud and I  place my backpack on the kitchen counter. 

I hear some footsteps going down the stairs and I turn around to greet my mom, "Mom? Hey, I was -" I freeze seeing Colin at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Colin," I breathe out in a whisper and I instinctively take a step back as he takes a step towards me. 

"You." He says and charges at me not giving me time to even try and protect myself before I felt the palm of his hand land on my cheek with so much power it sends me to stumble towards the ground. 

I quickly hold my arms out to the ground but the impact never came as Colin grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks me back up to my feet. 

"You told Lizzie didn't you?" he growls at me and my breath quickens as I feel a panic attack starting to boil inside of me. I shake my head 'no' vigorously but his hold on my hair tightens making me shriek, "stop lying to me!" 

"I-I-I swear, I swear Colin, I-I didn't, I didn't tell anyone anything," I try to convince him and I swear his eyes become almost fully black at his rage. 

"Then how the hell does she know? Huh? The way she looked at me accusingly when she saw your black eye!" He throws me towards the living room sending me to land on the side table beside the couch, effectively making the table fall on its side sending the contents on it falling to the ground.

I don't hold my tears anymore as I start sobbing out loud feeling the corner of the table stab me on my side. "Shut up! The only thing you've ever done in our lives since you've shown yourself is ruin it!" He yells before sending a forceful kick to my stomach resulting in knocking out all the air in me forcing me to cough out.

"I'm sorry, I- I- I'm sorry," I sob out as I scramble backward trying to create some distance between Colin and me. 

"Your apologies do nothing! The only thing that can fix this is if you're gone!" He yells at my face before giving my other cheek a forceful slap. 

Lizzie's POV

I furrow my eyebrows when I see a tinted black Cadillac pull up at the curve of my house as I drive closer. I try to see who's inside the car as I drive past it but unfortunately I couldn't see past the tinted windows. I park my car in the driveway and I see Scarlett come out of the car as I step out of mine. I hear her say 'thank you' to the driver before he drives away and Scarlett makes her way over to me. 

"What are you doing here? I thought you were heading over to your house?" I ask confused. 

"I realize that the studio is closer to your place so I thought why not just be dropped off here since whatever Kenz has to say seemed very urgent," she explains with her brows furrowed. 

"I just dropped her off at your place because you said you were going to be there," I press further and my confused face slowly turns into a concerned one. 

"Yeah, well I didn't think you'd be dropping her off now, I thought you said you would drop her off in an hour."

"Why didn't you drive your car anyway?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Colin needed to use it because his car is in the shop," she explains and my eyes widen. 

"Colin is using your car today?" my concern grows while my stomach turns and I try my hardest to stop myself from throwing up. 

"Yes, he's-" Scar starts but I cut her off, "Your car is parked in the driveway, are you saying Colin is over at your place right now?" 

"Yes," Scarlett says looking completely confused and frustrated. 

"Get in the car," I rush her and I quickly open the drivers' door. 

"What the hell is going on?" She questions but hops in the car anyway. I start the car quickly and drive off quickly.

"Elizabeth! Can you please tell me what the hell is going?" Scarlett asks frustratedly. 

"McKenna is in trouble," I tell her as I concentrate on getting us to her house as fast as I can. "What do you mean she's in trouble?" I glance over at Scarlett and swallow thickly contemplating what I should tell her. 

"Elizabeth." 

"Colin gave McKenna the black eye." I spit out once we reach a red light and I watch as her face turns from confused to horrified then to anger.

"What do you mean Colin gave McKenna the black eye?" she seethes through her teeth. 

"McKenna told me the truth when I pressed her about it and I -" I go to tell her mom but she sharply cut me off. 

"And you didn't think to tell me?" The light turns green and I speed off not caring about the speed limit. 

"She wanted to tell you herself and that's what she was going to tell you today," I glance over at Scarlett and I can tell she's trying her hardest to keep her anger in. "Scarlett, I also found out that the black eye incident wasn't the first time he's ever laid hands on her."

I can feel the rage from Scarlett mixing with my own. She doesn't say anything else, there is nothing else to say. I quickly turn into their neighborhood and before I can even put my car into park, Scarlett was already out of the car. 

I quickly follow her not even caring to turn off my car and our long strides break into a run when we heard sobs coming from inside the house. Scarlett barges in through the door and we both stop in tracks when we see Colin throw McKenna on the glass coffee table effectively shattering it once she lands on top of it. We then see Colin raise his hand about to slap McKenna but Scarlett's voice freezes him. 

"Colin, stop!" 

...

A/N: I would like to thank @CMVpnw for giving me the idea for this chapter.

What are your thoughts, my friends?