3

"Ahh!" I sigh out in exhaustion. "Bruno!"

I attempt to catch my breath as I get to the top of the seemingly endless climb of stairs. I always feel so unfit as it takes about and hour to climb them all, but since I do it so often, it has become easier over time.

"Bruno! You there?" I call out, taking a few staggered steps towards the hallway that led to his space.

"Y/n?" I see his head peek around from behind the large circular door.

"Hey!" All my energy suddenly comes back at the sight of him, my step perks up and I do a light jog to approach him faster. "How are you?I haven't seen you all day, I thought you'd come visit."

"Ah, sorry." He slinks back into his shoulders and opens the door wider for me to enter.

"So what's going on?" I sit down on one of the stone perches at the side of the room. "You're acting stranger than usual."

He shuts the door and looks over at me, " 'Stranger than usual', thanks." he comes and sits next to me, legs up and slightly outstretched across the cold surface. "Mama is just becoming increasingly more frustrated with me, so I'm taking a little break from going into town."

"What? Why?" I ask and frown to myself.

"People say it's my fault, like I create the futures instead of just relaying them." He mutters.

I look over at him, his chin at his chest, brown eyes filled with sadness as he stares down. "Is there anything I can do? Anything, I promise, anything."

"Can I.." He hesitates before asking, "Can I look into your future?"

"Almost anything." I sigh, "I'm sorry Bruno, but what if it's not good."

"I understand." he looks at me with a sad smile. "What about a hug then?" he changes position, angling himself to face me more, hanging a leg off the side of the stone to leave a gap for me and opens his arms wide for me to embrace him.

I practically jump across and do just that, holding him tight in attempt to comfort him. The current family dynamic kept Bruno from recieving much emotional support.

His clothing smelt nice and his hair lightly tickled the side of my face.

"Y/n?" His voice muffles out, "Can you read my future for me?"

"Of course." He droops further into my shoulder and I place my hand on the back of his head, combing my fingers through his curly hair. "Your hair will be longer, you'll have more wrinkles for sure- Ow!" he pinches my side playfully at my remark and I continue. "Wrinkles aren't a bad thing! You'll have those little laugh lines by your eyes because you'll grow to be a lot happier than you are now."

"Prms?" his question becomes inaudible due to his face being buried into my shoulder - but through some miracle I can make out what he's saying.

"I promise."

He pulls me closer, holding me a little tighter as I continue to massage through his locks.

It felt nice. Bruno wasn't the only one of the both of us who hadn't been hugged in a long time. I know I shouldn't, but I do seek support in him the way he seeks it in me. We need eachother for the time being.

I begin to droop down and lose my balance slightly.

"Are you tired?" He asks, drawing my out of my lucid state.

"Yeah," an involentary yawn escapes my lips, "I usually ask Julietta for a treat to eat when I get to the top, but she was still in town."

"Ah, well.. just rest."