Chapter 5

OMG!I KNOW! I'm so, so, SO, sorry for not uploading for the longest time in the history of story updates. Truth be told, I got bored writing this story. But, I realized that no matter what book I started, I could never finish it. So I made a deal with myself. I'm going to be finishing this book, with a sequel. For my new book, Adopted, I will be finishing that whole book based on the feedback I receive. And then finally, Maybe We're Not So Different After All, will be continued. I said CONTINUED. Well Cubs, I hope you enjoy this long update. Y'all deserve it with all the views this book had received.😭💖
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Marie's POV:
Recap: Colton chose the other girl over Marie while Brent was checking her out and Selena is getting the hots from Austin, not paying attention to Dylan.
" Um, why don't we just go out and have fun?" I suggested. I wasn't going to let Colton ruin this night for me.

" Yes! Totally!" Shay shouted, relieved that someone broke the ice.

   I looked over to Dylan, only to have to feel bad for him. Selena and Austin were giving each other flirty eyes while he just stood off to the side.

" In going to invite Claire," Colton said, looking at me.

" Ok," I said looking at Dylan, Brent and Shay.
Looks like I have my new friends.
I hooked my arm with Brent and Dylan. Brent was hooked with my left arm while Dylan was hooked with my right arm. I saw Shay stay back to talk to Colton.

" Let's go!" I yelled, strutting away with Dylan and Brent towards the limo that we rented.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Selena kiss Austin's cheek while Colton followed behind them, talking with Shay.

I knew that Dylan saw Selena and Austin because his eyes started to tear up. I felt so bad so I kissed him on his temple and gave him a sympathetic smile. He smiled gratefully in return, trying not to look at Selena.

  Finally, we reached the limo and we all got seated. ( Like so)
SHAY•BRENT•ME•DYLAN -door-
EMPTY•COLTON•SELENA•AUSTIN
Once we all got settled, Colton told the driver an address to which I assumed was were Claire was. On our way there, Shay took my phone and put her number in it. That's where everyone started texting me and each other.

Selena: Why'd you kiss Dylan?
Me: It was a friendly peck because you are all over Austin and are hurting his feelings so I feel bad.
Selena: Oh ok.

Shay: This is awkward...
Me: Yeah, you came at a bad time. Trust me, yesterday everything was fantastic with everyone.

Dylan: Is she still all over him?
I took a quick peek over to Selena and I saw her and Austin holding hands while her head was on her shoulder.
Me: Yeah. I'm sorry Dylan. I don't know what got into her.
Dylan: I knew it wasn't going to last to long with Selena anyway. I mean just look at her compared to me.
Me:😔 Thats not true and you know it.

Shay: I spoke to Colton.
Me: And...
Shay: He said that he had been waiting for Claire for awhile now and was just using you to distract him from her.
Me: I should've known something was up.
Shay: Come on, don't beat yourself up over it.
Me: Trust me, I'm not. Imma party tonight like there's no tomorrow.
Shay: Amen, sista 

Colton: I'm sorry
Me: Colton, don't start. I thought you were different but it turns out that you've been like everyone else
Colton: Marie! I promise you that I was different. I am different!
Me: Colton, if your reading this, it's to late. ( Drake reference fyi lmao)
The rest of the ride was filled with everyone talking. Selena with Austin, Colton with Claire, Shay with Brent, and me with Dylan.

" How you holding up?" I asked.

" Not so well, actually,"

" Guess what?" I said humorously while wiggling my eyebrows.

"What?" He said while laughing then smiling afterwards.

" My job tonight is to make your forget everything about Selena and Austin. It's all about you tonight!"

" Well, good luck with that," He said smiling at me." I'm hard to please,"

" Mmhm. You keep telling yourself that O'Brien,"
He laughed again just as we reached the lounge. Colton and Claire got out first, while Dylan and I got out last.

" Let's go have some fun!" I screamed at him

" I would like to have fun with my ears, thank you very much!" He said screaming back while chuckling.
.
" Party time!" I screamed.

I pushed Dylan into the lounge and ordered a lot of alcohol for him. We split the shots so we each had 5.

" Ready, set, go!" I yelled.

   I chugged the first shot down, reaching for the second one. I risked a quick glance at Dylan only to see he was on his third one. I threw the second and third shot down at once, grabbing the fourth and fifth ones. I swallowed the fourth one only to hear Dylan yell," Done!"

   I put the fourth empty shot glass one, looked at all his empty ones, playfully glared at him, then drank my last shot slowly.

He burst out into laughter, and soon, I couldn't help but join him. I knew that from that moment on, I was going to have an unforgettable night. Let the drinking games begin!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Wow! So I hope you guys liked it! Let me know about what you think of me finishing this book in the comments below! Don't forget to vote for this chapter, add this book to your library that way you receive a notification every time I update, and follow me! Peace Cub Army!