Chapter 7

As Wu ZiXin took his place beside the blabbering duo, Old He suddenly got on his feet to greet. However, Xiao Zhan, who didn't know about etiquette and other things, didn't bother to say anything. Instead, he asked, "Where is that brother of yours? He didn't show his face after eloping."

Wu Zixin scoffed, "He? Died!"

Xiao Zhan, "..."

Old He, "..."

After a long time, Xiao Zhan finally spoke tentatively, "Dead?"

"What else does that person know to do? He won't wake up soon. Is this the time to sleep?" Wu ZiXin hissed his disappointment. He doesn't know why this person behaves like this with him. With others, he is always calm, righteous, prim and proper, the mighty emperor who lacks nothing. But when they are together, how dare the emperor treat him like a shit?

Absurd!

Xiao Zhan and Old He heaved a sigh. He slowly raised his head, "Master ZiXin shouldn't talk about him like this." Old He reprimanded the young master of the Wu family. He already knows the identity of this Wu Heng. When the Emperor was younger, he always used to spend his time here in this courtyard playing with Wu ZiXin. Though they have been together since childhood, it was still not feasible to badmouth their Emperor who feeds everyone's stomachs.

"You don't shield him. Go and see how that pig is sleeping on the doorway. Where are the manners?" Wu ZiXin jeered. "Asking me to mind things. Why don't you ask him to look at his conduct first?" Wu ZiXin, who was shunned by Wu Heng decided to vent his anger somewhere else. Would that person have died if he had explained about his plan beforehand?

Nonsense!

"Young master calm down. I will buy something for dinner later. We will clean the kitchen and other rooms tomorrow. Today I hope you and the other master can manage in one room." Old He kindly tried to handle this situation. Every time these two argues over something, for the rest of day Wu ZiXin would roam in Wu Manor with a sour face.

"Brother Wu, why are you behaving like you had a fight with your wife and she kicked you out? Brother Wu Heng is just sleeping. Is sleeping something wrong?" Xiao Zhan, who was quiet so far, finally spoke. Ever since he came here, their behaviour seemed suspicious. One brother starts running out of nowhere and the other brother didn't even bother about asking the reason. Were they husband and wife but now divorced? Now that he thought about it, both bicker like a couple. Is something going on between the two brothers? Wait, are they even brothers to begin with? Or the husband and wife playing brother-brother? Xiao Zhan took a note of this and thought of asking that Old He later.

"Who is the wife and who is the husband? If you don't believe me, go and look at him." Saying this, Wu ZiXin got on his feet and walked in another direction, "I will clean my room myself. Old He arrange a room for that annoying shit." He added while walking and finally his walking figure disappeared at the other end of the courtyard.

"Where is Wu Heng ge's room? I will help you in cleaning. You are at this age already; you should rest first." Xiao Zhan turned around to ask Old He. At such a sudden question thrown at this age, Old He didn't know how to react. The emperor never stayed over. The palace rules were always strict. So at this moment, which room should he point to?

"Please pardon this Old He. Old He is very old. Don't remember now. Young Master Wu Heng doesn't usually return home. He was looking after business outside this town and returned after years. I already forgot how he was looking when Old Master Wu sent him to take care of business." Old He was smart enough to use his old age as an excuse to slide this matter aside.

"Ah, never mind. I will ask him which room he wants to take." Xiao Zhan said and went in the direction from where Wu ZiXin came from.

Looking through several rooms, Xiao Zhan didn't find the person. And at once he doubted if this was the exact direction Wu ZiXin had taken earlier. The manor wasn't small, and one can easily get lost if they are visiting for the first time.