Chapter 2

Submitting the design, Xiao Zhan bids farewell to his department. He has got a day off. And apparently he is not happy about it. He loves his work. But the promises made to mother are meant to be fulfilled. He promised that he will meet the lady, now he will meet her for sure. About marriage, he is still weighing his choices. 

On the following night, apparently he had the same dream that he saw in the office. But this one was more lewd than the past one. And when he woke up, he didn't know how to react. A straight person getting a dream of a guy fucking him.. and seemingly he enjoys it moaning like a slut. 

Cussing his mind for thinking peculiar shits, he starts with his daily routine. He has got a date, but his mind is occupied with libidinous flashbacks of those dreams. He is screwed! He really doesn't know what's wrong with him. His mind lusting over a guy.. ridiculous! 

With the same scenes in mind, he steps out for his date. He has to pick her up from her place, a word given by his mother. Never mind, if the lady is good he won't mind settling down. 

When he arrived at the said address, the said lady was standing near the bus stop. And for fuck sake, that has Wang Yibo's poster with skateboard, designed by him. Thank you very much for fucking his mind again. He cross checked the face of the lady with the picture he received from his mother. He doesn't want the incident that happened last time to repeat. Last time he nearly got saved from the tragedy of approaching the wrong girl and asking her out so casually. The girl thought he was some pervert who stalked her and asked the people around to save her from him. 

Approaching the girl he smiled, "Hi?" 

"You are—" She began and Xiao Zhan took his baseball hat off his head before introducing. "Hi, I am Xiao Zhan. You are Shen Qin-er?" 

"It's Shen Qing He. Actually, arh—hmm Can we.. ah-we.. Can we skip this?" she requested. And Xiao Zhan didn't know how to respond. He was here because his mother nagged him for marriage. Is there any possibility that this lady's heart is already engaged with someone else?

"Of course. Why not! Just tell me that you were forced like me to avoid any confusion. I'll handle the string from my side." He replied calmly. And after much thinking, the lady slightly nodded. And he smiled as he said the next set of words, "Say you didn't like me. And I will say the same. Wish you all the best." 

He didn't wait for another second as he got into his old car and started driving. He had enough of this. This wasn't the first time any girl rejected him. This won't be the last time either. His mother will again hire another matchmaker and he will again receive another setup date call. He and his boring life. For a fraction of a second he reconsidered going back to his work today. But another thought reminded him that he already told a junior of his that he will be on date. And by now, that blabbermouth must have informed everyone in their department. 

With a sigh, he thought of going home and taking a rest. His old bones were too tired. But it was really long since he stepped out in search of good places. How about he visits some hilltop in the countryside? His fingers were itchy to shoot something better.

He followed his mind, driving towards the countryside. Little did he know his fate was going to change on this path? 

As he started driving ascending the mountain, taking sharp turns to reach the top, the experience brought the thrill he was missing in his life. After what it felt like ages, he was finally happy. However, the glee was short lived as on the next turn he didn't try to control his speed for his excitement was too much. The road was two way, and he couldn't see the other vehicle coming from the other lane. 

With a thundering sound, the collision which was bound to happen occurred. The other car hit the land side whilst the one Xiao Zhan was driving went out of the road. Crossing the safety area and falling down the mountain. 

Xiao Zhan who was sitting inside couldn't process what happened suddenly. And before he could even think of applying brakes, his car was sliding down the mountain. 

Oh fucck! That's it. He thought. He was surely going to die today. At the age of 32, unmarried, virgin and—before he could complete his thinking, the car turned around. And with that movement, his head rammed on the steering wheel, losing consciousness at once. 

As he opened his eyes again, he saw himself sleeping on the plain wooden bed which he saw in some period drama. Wait, now that he is dead. Was he in hell or heaven? If this was heaven why was he in a shabby shed?

"Oh my baby. You're finally awake. I thought I lost you. You weren't breathing for the first few moments." A lady in tattered clothes rushed towards him as she saw the man sitting on the bed. As Xiao Zhan glanced at his body, he looked.. something different?

The hell! From where the fuck his hair grew this long? Did he sleep too much for them to grow and why does his body feel so weak? Oh perhaps because he got saved from the brutal accident. He swore that never in his life he is going to drive rashly. 

"Xian..A-Xian?" the lady called for his attention again. And he didn't know who she was calling. A-Xian? Who?

"Lady, I think you mistook me. I am Xiao Zhan from Chongqing." He introduces himself. But something caught him off-guard as he took in the appearance of his body. It looks like that of his younger self. So thin and delicate. But, wait.. how was it possible? Wasn't he 32 years of age... suddenly going back to the body of a 22 year old.. what the fuck was wrong with his mind? dreaming shits day and night?!

He slapped himself before lying flat on the bed and closing his eyes to sleep again. The hell! He gotta get himself out of this weird dream.

.

November 11, 2021

November 11, 2021