Chapter 4

Xiao Zhan couldn't take his eyes off the person standing in front of the shop. He stood there, drinking his invisible love potion. Fantasizing about the lady being his.

"Furen, you have to welcome his Majesty. His majesty is returning after 6 months. As a first concubine, you have to be present." The sentence got Xiao Zhan really hard. This lady is already a member of harem? He envies the Emperor now. Why does every beauty have to be a member of the emperor's harem? Can't the old bald leave beautiful women for others to enjoy?

"Wen Qing-er can also welcome his majesty. I do not mind as long as his majesty spends the night with me." She spoke her mind. It's not like she is the only one concubine of the current majesty. 

"His majesty must be on his way." The maid rather kept her own standpoint for she doesn't want the person she serves to bring more trouble. 

Xiao Zhan was so engrossed in listening to their talk that he couldn't sense the other person standing beside him, gazing at the people he was looking at. Only after a long time did the person finally open his mouth to scare Xiao Zhan. The voice was deep and icy, there was a tinge of enticement at the end of every spoken word. 

"Guniang, what are you doing here?" the person standing beside him asked. Xiao Zhan's figure jolted up in horror. "Ahhh~" he screamed in response. Yet, looking at the person standing by his side, prim and proper, probably some scholar and not the ghost he thought off—he rubbed his palm on his chest. "You scared me to death." He complained while soothing his ragged heart. It's a good thing his heart didn't stop beating all of a sudden. "Eh, Wang Yibo~ you are here as well? How is it? You know how to get the hell out of this place." Xiao Zhan spoke. It's good that he is not alone in this world. 

The person standing beside him didn't understand what creature this was or which language he was spouting in. "Guniang, is something wrong?" the person asked instead! 

"Ai Wang Yibo, its other thing that you didn't recognise me. But I am Xiao Zhan, who designed most of the things for you. Did you forget already? How can you be so so-so—jerk" Xiao Zhan cussed. What's wrong with Wang Yibo denying to acknowledge him? Don't tell him, Wang Yibo already knew about the dreams he had before he was transmigrated in this hell. If this is the case, Wang Yibo would surely loathe him to death. Much less than leaving him alone in this world. 

Sliding aside the weird language this person was using, the young lad asked again, "Why are you looking at the concubine of the emperor?" 

"So what? Can't I look? It's not like she is your concubine. That old bald is having a feast of good-looking girl!" Xiao Zhan muttered in standard Beijing mandarin. He crossed his hands and continued warming his eyes by looking at the beauty. He has to enjoy this world before going back to Beijing and continuing his own boring life. The last girl his mother was planning to set him up.. what was her name?

"Guniang is called—" 

Ah right, "Shen Qin-Er" Unknowingly Xiao Zhan spoke his thoughts out. Compared to this concubine of that old bald, that Shen Qin-Er was nothing. If he gets married here, will he be able to take his bride to his world?

He was in his own thoughts that he didn't notice the rising misunderstanding. He had unwittingly said his name as Shen Qin-er.

"Shen Qin-er" the person standing beside him muttered. Nice name.

"Eh Wang Yibo, you say... What will happen to our bodies in Beijing? Will they consider us dead? What if they already buried us, we won't be able to return." Xiao Zhan again spoke of his concern. But the person he was sharing his worries with doesn't seem to understand anything. 

"Guniang, why are you here?" the person asked again. Perhaps this lady lost her marbles and is currently on the run. 

"What Guniang? Wang Yibo? Are you insane? Xiao Zhan, you got it? It's Xiao Zhan!" Xiao Zhan gritted his teeth. He really doesn't understand what's wrong with Wang Yibo. Why doesn't the idol recognize him?

"Little Battle?*" The person erected his spine to look at the surroundings to check if there was a surprise attack. 

*The second character in Xiao Zhan's name means Battle. And Xiao is Little. That's how the emperor mistook it for a little battle.

"Aish! I am so done with you Wang Yibo. I will find my way on my own. First I will stalk this lady." Xiao Zhan said following the lady. Behind him, the person looked troubled. He didn't understand what this lady was blabbering about. Not only this lady confused the hell out of his mind, she also ruined his plan. 

After a few crossings of houses, Xiao Zhan loses the traces of concubine. Cussing Wang Yibo for hindrance, Xiao Zhan started finding his way back to his shed. 

Going around and round, he came back to the same place. He stepped out for the first time in this new world, and see his good luck. Not only he bumped into Wang Yibo who refused to recognise him, he even lost his way home. Perfect!

Having taken laps for a while, Xiao Zhan finally chose to sit at the threshold of a closed manor door. By the look of it, the manor has been left untouched for months. He picked up a dry leaf from his right side. 

He was recalling the path he had taken to reach here when a voice sounded, "Guniang, do you need any help?" 

Xiao Zhan abruptly raises his gaze to look at the person. A ray of hope shimmered in his eyes as he found a gentleman in armour. "I lost my way." He used the middle mandarin accent.

"Oh, you know where you stay? I can help you with your way back." The muscular man said. The person, who apparently might be the owner of this manor, was too kind. The heavy armour on his body says that he has been on the border for months. And perhaps haven't taken this armour off his body. 

"I stay.. there is this place..the end of XiuLi store, arg in the right of XiuLi story there is a small alleyway. Then after crossing the bridge over the small stream.. There's..But I..." Xiao Zhan tried recalling the names of other places nearby his house. But unfortunately, he didn't take note of things around his place. He was too excited to look at the world he entered into.

"You know how to speak human language?" the same deep voice sounded.   

.

Aiyoo

Aiyoo... He met Wang Yibo 👀