Chapter IV; Failure & Investigation

The entire time the others investigated, I sat in the next corner to Rantaros body, still staring at his corpse, as a way to make sure that he really is dead. A few people were still in the libary with me, acting as if nothing happened. I felt anger bubbling up inside me. I gripped to Rantaros necklace tighter with my shaking hand, which I didn't even noticed. I took it earlier while Monokuma explained something, I didn't listen to. I was too distracted with what I was staring at. I could feel every now and then some stares at me, either way because they think I killed him or because they felt sympathy with me, which I don't really think to be honest. Luckily the tears stopped running, leaving me with red cheeks and empty, puffy eyes. Earlier some of the others tried to question me about what has happened but Shuichi, Kaede and Kirumi stopped them, probably knowing I wouldn't answer in my current state. I could especially feel Kaede's and Shuichi's eyes on me sometimes, which were always filled with sympathy and kindness. It comforted me a little, as silly as it sounds. But still, I didn't cared about how long I stared at him, or how I wasted the time not investigating. I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate anyways and I think that was pretty obvious to everyone here too.

* * *

*D I N G D O N G B I N G B O N G*

"Huh? This chime...!" Kaede gasped

Monotaro began: "It's time, you bastards! Time for the long-waited class trail!"

"No, it's not! We're just announcing that the photos are ready! Don't interrupt meee!" Monophanie whined. "Anyway, I'll be waiting at the warehouse."

'Oh...already?'

I noticed everyone moving out of the libary to go to the warehouse. Well except for Kaede and Shuichi, who were on their way to me.

"Hey Y/n, come on. Let's go." Kaede smiled at me.

Shuichi got closer to me and offered me his hand. I glared at his hand and then at them, Kaede still smiling while Shuichi again looked at the ground but his eyes moving at me a few times with a worried look. I took a deep, silent breath and accepted his hand but still without saying anything. I made a small nod while looking at the floor, to tell them that we can go now.

I don't want to leave him...'

I looked back at his body, still hoping we would get up anytime soon. Which sadly didn't happend. Kaede noticed me looking back at him.

"It's okay Y/n. He will be fine whereever he is currently." she patted my back.

I looked at the floor again furrowing my eyebrows, trying to not cry again, which miserably failed.

'pathetic.'
I quickly wiped the tears away and turned to one of the doors of the libary. I took a deep breath, still not feeling ready to leave him behind. I forced myself out of Kaede's hand on my back and quickly made my way to the door and going through it. Kaede and Shuichi ran after me, probably because they didn't wanted to let the others wait.

We arrived at the warehouse and I immeaditly felt some surprised looks.

'They must be wondering how Kaede and Shuichi got me to come along with them...but it's not like i'm not surprised either.'

The Monokubs arrived and Monotaro handed Kaede the photos.

"...Kaede! Are those the developed photos!?" the robot asked.

"The culprit should be in those photos, right?" Tsumugi exclaimed happily

"Nee-heehee... How exciting. I wanna see the dumb look on the culprit's face." Kokichi laughed.