Chapter V; Emotional Trial

"Wow, this is so sickening it's almost refreshing. So, how do we get this game going?" Kokichi asked.

"There are podiums over there. Please stand behind the one with your name on it." Monokuma shortly said.

We all went to them and waited 'till everyone was ready. My podium was between Shuichi and the blond girl, which was one of the worst podiums I could have gotten in my opinion. Not only because she can be pretty loud but also because Rantaros podium was in the middle of my sight, with a picture of him crossed out.

'I will never forgive the one who did that to you...Rantaro.'  I stared at his picture in anger.

Monokuma began with his explanation of the class trail and infromed us about the important things. After he finished Kaede spoke up first, "So, it's starting, huh?" 

"Ah-haha, oh man, I haven't been in a trail in like forever!" Kokichi laughed.

"Oh, so you have experience with trials...?" Tsumugi asked.

"Yeah, since I'm a leader of evil and stuff. I've done a looooot of bad things." Kokichi explained.

"So, what are we supposed to do? Whhere do we even start?" Kaito asked.

"Gonta never done trial before... Not sure where to begin..." Gonta said.

"First, let's breath in! Ans breathe out! We need to remember our "No, No, No's"! " the girl with the hairtie yelled. "No pushing! No running! No talking!"

"But communication is the foundation of any discussion!" the Robot said.

"We should not worry about our procedure. Especially since this is not a normal trail." Kirumi reminded. "Each of us will be serving as a potential culprit, lawyer, prosecutor, and jury member. Let us proceed with that in mind, shall we?"

"Then might I offer the fist topic?" Korekiya asked.

"Don't fuckin' get ahead of us! Ya tryin' to start some shit!?" The blond girl suddenly yelled.

"Geez, just let him speak, goddammit..." I whispered.

"C-Calm down... How about we listen first?" Kaede nervously asked.

"Atua has spoken... He says it is vital that we hear everyone's testimony." 

I waited for the others to finally shut up, so I could listen to what Korekiyo wanted to talk about, which took them a while...

"I'll begin the conversation, then. There's something...I found curious. Why, I wonder, didn't the culprit take advantage of the First Blood Perk?" he asked.

"I bet they just wanted to do a class trail real bad." Ryoma said.

"Then either Monokuma's the culprit! Duh-doy! Cuz this while class trail was his idea! Hoo-yeah! Easy-peasy! I'm a fuckin' genius!" the blond girl laughed.

"Wait, is it even possible for Monokuma to be the culprit?"

"Of course not. I would *never* do anything to you guys directly." Monokuma said.

'Directly? But indirectly he would or what?' I furrowed my brows.

"Even if *you* can't, it's a different story for the person controlling you, right?" Kaede said.

I glared at Kaede. 'What is she trying to say?'

"...Hm?" Monokuma made.

"Is it possible that the mastermind controlling Monokuma killed Rantaro?" Kaede asked.

"What...?" I widend my eyes.

"Mastermind? Wuzzat?" Monokuma acted dumb. The Monokubs did the same, but much more obvious, due to their tone and them sweating like crazy.