𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸- 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

First day of sophomore year!
Summer flew by fast, I can't believe it's already time for school.

"You better focus on your work and not that camera of yours y/n."
My mother lectures from across the kitchen
"I know, mom. You said that about a hundred times over the summer!"
I groan at her

My camera and the pictures I take are way more important than her idea of a failing grade: a B-.

"On that note I'm off to school"
I say, though it is a bit early. I just want to escape her lecture

"Isn't it too early?"
She asks but I'm already out the door

I used to ride the bus. I've been trying to figure out a different way than the buses but I've had no luck. I can't drive, I have no friends to drive me, and I'm too far away to walk.
So I guess I'm sticking with the bus

-

At school I walk in and the school is filled with busy students and a crowded hall. The jocks already planning their new schedule for football season.
One jock calls out my name as I pass by

"Y/n! You'll be taking pictures of our practices and games again, right?"
Nudging my arm just a bit too hard that I just play it off like it didn't hurt.

The football team picked on me for going to each of sport events, maybe they've finally embraced the freak with the camera.

"Of course"
I say rushing past, trying not to get knocked in the head by their football they're tossing about.

-

The first day always feels so long yet so short.
So far I like my classes but not sure if I'll say the same in a week

Although midtown tech, my school. Is a primarily "smarts" school we do have a football team and a cheerleading squad. But there's a lot more academic groups. Like my favorite, the academic decathlon group.

I wanted to sign up to be in the team last year but they didn't want me so all my hope in that is lost.

After school I went to the field. There were some football guys running laps together so naturally I took loads of pictures of them.

I looked around the field for any last shots before it was time to go

And there was a boy
A brown haired, adorable boy.
He and what I assumed were his friends were pushing a laptop cart across the pavement. They were laughing and struggling to get it to the back school door.

I looked at him through my camera to get a closer look. His profile like a silhouette against the sun. His dark brown hair getting messier by the moment as he struggled with the cart.
I felt hypnotized by him.

"Who are you"
I whispered to myself

-

I decided to go into the city and pick up some books and some food.
As I was searching for book I couldn't stop thinking of the boy
How did I not notice him last year. He's so pretty and seems like an sweetheart
But I need to snap out of it
And get the boy out of my head