𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗

Immediately after school to hopped on the subway down to the daily bugle office building.
I'd been thinking about going all day.

When I was there I went up to the door and peaked inside.
I just got to go for it.

Everyone around was older than me.. way older than me. People from their 30s-60s. And here I am.. a kid going for an intern job.

I went to the elevator and looked for the boss Betty mentioned earlier on the map of whos on what floor.

Then I went into the elevator and some two tall older men walked in with me. They were holding styrofoam coffee cups and seemed stressed as if they had been working all day.

One sipped their coffee and looked at me when I pressed the elevator button but instantly back at his friend.

"What happened to Jamesons intern I haven't heard from the guy lately"
One with a blue tie asks the other guy with black tie
"I think he killed the kid"
The two laugh

I clench my teeth and check the elevator floor
I wish I could jump out now

"I actually think the kid got fired"
Black tie says
"No way. Really? His Spider-man pictures were great"
Blue tie says

I gulp down hard
Am I expected only for my photography only to care about Spider-Man ..
Why is everyone so obsessed with a "superhero" who doesn't even do anything. We should talk more about Iron Man and Captain America!

"Why are you here?"
Black tie asks me sipping his coffee
"I was offered an intern job.. for Mr.Jameson.."
I quietly tell

The guys exchange an oh no look as the elevator reaches my floor

"Good luck kid"
Blue tie calls out as I leave

I walk up to a secretary and she asks
"Whatcha' here for hun"
In an sweet tone

"My name is Y/N Y/L/N. I'm here for-"
She stops me
"Y/N? Your name has been passed around this office for too long. Betty says you're a great photographer"

"I-I think so.."

She flips through papers on her messy desk
"Intern job, right?"
I nod

She bites the back of her pen
"Great. Head into the room on your right. Jameson is a little frustrated but as long as you don't talk to much he'll be fine"
She says pointing to the door with her pen

I push open the door and see a bald guy with reading glasses on, squinting at his own paper.

He looks up at me and quickly makes his way to his feet.

"Ah hello!"
He loudly says

"Sit"
He commands motioning to the seat infront of his desk

Before I can sit down he violently shakes my hand over the desk. We both sit down and I say

"I'm here for the intern job. Betty Brant offered it to me today"

"Great. I've just fired my last intern. He was horrible at his job. And now I need a fresh new face for my new paper idea: Midtown High"

It's midtown tech high school but I guess I didn't do much research yet..

"I already photograph the school activities a lot so this will be perfect"

"But I don't just want the activities - of course I want those. But I want the students and the school itself- everything!"
He shouts

This guy is really vocal- wow.

"Sure no problem"
"But that's where you'll start. If I don't like what you do. I won't hire you. If I do. Then you'll get a paid intern job. And then I'll give you new prompts of what to take pictures of"

"Wait- so I won't only be photographing my school?"
I ask

"Of course not!"
"But that's if you get hired."

"Right.. ok."
I say softly

"I'll need the pictures by Friday."
He says
I nod and stand up

I walk out feeling odd. I feel like I don't what just happened.
What Betty told me seemed so less daunting then what I just got told..

That was short and sweet. A little too short for me to be thinking about it all day.
But I guess I know what I'll be focusing on this week.