Chapter 3. Reunited

My body jolted me to an upright position, a hand flying to my head as the pain seeps through my brain, causing a migraine. I close my eyes at the sudden brightness of this place, before slowly opening them again. I look around to see that I'm not in my bedroom. I look out the window to see that I'm underwater, before looking around at the room. The industrial styled room was noticeably comforting and homely, the bed adorned with black and red sheets, before I noticed the clothing that I'm in. An oversized black button up shirt, and some joggers. Comfy to say the least, especially after being stuck in the same clothes for the last few weeks, but who's clothes are they?
"First time I've been invited to the Lanes. It better be worth my time." I could hear through my closed door. I go to move my legs off the bed, when they moved on their own. What? I could move my legs again! No fucking way. I carefully stand up and walked to the door, using the wall as a stabiliser as I am still a bit unstable because of the weeks I've spent not being able to walk.
"Ah, you see, that's your weakness, Marcus." I heard a familiar voice say. Is it that man from earlier? I edge closer to the door and open it slowly, trying to not make any noise whatsoever. I noticed that the bedroom led out onto a metal walkway, with stairs that lead up to a second floor from before the ground floor, that lead to another walkway that overlooked a bottom floor. We're on an old crab cannery. I remember doing my training here years back. I kneel down next to the railing, watching the scarred man talk to this Marcus, who looks to be an enforcer. Convenient.
"You carry your chin so high, you fail to see the opportunity below." Scar face continued, walking around Marcus, like a predator stalking its prey.
"Who are you?
"You're looking for four children, the ones running circles around Piltover's finest."
"What about it?" Marcus said, shrugging his shoulders slightly.
"Don't look so concerned. I'm about to make your day." He glanced up towards me, motioning for me to stay quiet. I nodded slightly, to which he smirked at, before continuing. But I couldn't hear it, as they talked in hushed tones. The scarred man soon handed the enforcer a bag of, what I can guess, coins, before he walked out. The scarred man turned to look at me, as I slowly stood up, my legs still shaking under me.
"Glad to see you awake, Rose. You've had us worried." He said to me, as he started walking up the steps.
"How do you know my name? W-Who are you?" I stuttered slightly, still shaking. The man almost missed a step, as his face changed from concerned to shock. Why was he shocked that I don't know him?
"You don't remember me, Rosebud?" He asked, as he continued walking up the steps til he was at the top. I shook my head, as I had a death grip on the railing. For the first time in my life, I was truly scared to be on my own. But I don't remember anything else. A sharp pain coarser through my head as I lurched forward, holding my head tightly.
"Ow..." I said softly, closing my eyes as the world started spinning. I heard hurried footsteps before I felt hands hold me steady, as the pain only gets worse.
"Breathe, Rosebud. You have to breathe or you'll collapse." The man said softly. But I've heard that elsewhere, that's when flashes appeared in my vision.
Of the crab cannery, and a bar, as well as the river and the cave. I could see the scarred man, but he looked different. He didn't have a scar, his eyes a normal greyish-blue shade as he threw his head back laughing. I could see the river and the bridge. Then they was another flash, and I was on the bridge. I saw a man, who looked very similar to me, laughing as well, before he hugged me tightly. "Goodbye..." His voice echoed through my head as I watched him walk away, heading towards Piltover. Why was I in affiliation with someone up there? Another flash happened. I'm still on the bridge, but this time, I'm surrounded by smoke and flames. I watched as a large man pushes this man off the bridge. I watch in horror as they struggle in the water. The large man strangling the smaller guy under the water, before it all went red from the heat and flames. Then I'm back to the river, sitting at the edge, as the large man walks up behind me and sits next to me, laughing at something I said, but I couldn't hear voices, or sounds at all. It was like a silent film.
But that was the end of it, as my vision was brought back to the scarred man before me, a concerned look reappeared on his face.
"I remember. The river, the bridge, the... incident." I said, carefully placing a hand on his scarred side, seeing him relax into my touch. "But I still don't know names, or how I know you." I said, a sad tone taking over my voice, tears filling my eyes. He noticed my change in emotions as he wiped the tears from my eyes.
"Then we'll start over. Become friends again." He stepped back from me, holding his hand out for me to shake it. I gladly took his hand as he held mine firmly. "I'm Silco.' He said, a soft smile appearing on his face.
"I'm Rose." He laughed slightly.
"You don't mind me calling you Rosebud? It's kind of a habit for." He rubbed the back of his neck, as if he was embarrassed.
"No I don't mind at all. I actually like it anyway. It's what also triggered my memories, so maybe spending time with you, will help me." I said softly. But a question lingered on my brain.
"But there were two other men in my vision. One looked like me, and the other man was huge. Do you know of them?" I asked Silco, wanting answers to those questions. I watched as he stiffened, like he was reluctant to tell me, but he told me anyway.
"The one that looks like you is Viktor. He's your twin brother. You both lived in the fissures together, but he got accepted into the academy in Piltover, but you guys still see each other everyday, parting with a hug." I smiled at that, I have a brother. And one that I still love, and I know he still loves me, despite our growing differences.
"The other guy was my brother. But he bretrayed me, leaving me with this." He gestured to his scar, before releasing a sigh. "You and him were best friends, the four of us were. But we haven't seen you in months nearly, because of Astra." My hands curled into fists at that name. I hated her for what she tried to do. Tried to kill me with Shimmer. Like the idiot thought that would work. I huffed slightly as I move my hair out of my face. It was only then, did I realise that my legs only just started working again, as I started to fall backwards. I yelped in surprise when I felt hands catch me and pick me up.
'Easy there, girlie. Don't want another concussion, do we?" I heard a female voice say from behind me. I look up to see the women who saved me from the bridge war.
"You saved me. That night on the bridge." She helped me stand up, as I held onto the railing for balance, Silco standing next to me, making sure I don't fall again. I smiled slightly at him, before looking back at the woman.
"I thought I recognised ya. Name's Sevika." She said, holding out her hand for me to shake. I shook her hand, smiling again.
"I'm Rose." She chuckled slightly and I knew why. My name is unusual for the undercity. Especially in the Lanes. A beautiful flower but it hides its deadly thorns underneath.
"Glad to see you awake, kid. Silco, Deckard just came back. He looks like he lost a fight and a half." Sevika said, before walking down the stairs. Silco rubbed his forehead as he sighed in frustration, looking at me.
"I'll take you back to my room. Stay there for the time being, and I'll bring Singed up to you. He's our... doctor, you could say." He said softly. I nodded before he helped me walk down the few flights of stairs and to the door.
"This is surprisingly hard, you know?" He looks at me, with a questioning look. "The Shimmer started taking my ability to walk away, til I couldn't walk at all. I've been bedridden for the past few months." I said, as I opened the door to his room. Wait? His room!
"This is your room, SIlco!" I said surprised. He nodded as he helped me to the bed.
"It's fine. I'm rarely in here as it is. I'm either in my office, or doing work. So stay as long as you want. I'm still setting up a room for you, so you don't really have no choice." I nodded as I sat down on the bed. He walked over to the drawers and grabbed the pile of clothes that were sitting on top of it. He walked back over to me, placing the clothes in my hands.
"Sevika went out and got these for you. They should be your size. If not, we'll go shopping tomorrow." I smiled at him as he smiled back, placing a hand on my cheek. "I've got some business to take care of. You can do what you want, just be careful around here. Some of the guys can be real... brutes at best."
"I'll be fine, Silco. Go deal with your business. I'll probably stay here anyways." He smiled as he turned, walking out the door and closing it behind him.
My brain struggled to find the remainder of my memories, as I tried to think back to those flashbacks I had earlier. It started giving me a migraine so I stopped, looking at the clothes that Silco gave me. Mostly black, but I could see some rose pink and red colours hiding within the darkness. Like me. I smiled slightly, as those two colours were my favourite. I stood up slowly, using the bed to hold myself up, as I slowly took off the clothes I had on, and put the new ones on.
The rose pink singlet, almost matching my skin tone, covered by a black cropped hoodie. The black jeans covered with red and pink roses along the side, along with black heeled combat boots. I smiled at the clothing, as I stood in the mirror, admiring the expensive clothing. And the fact it fitted perfectly. I smiled as I carefully walked back around to the door. I could feel the effects of the Shimmer slowly fading away from my body, as I felt stronger and stronger with each step that I took. By the time I walked to the door, and opened it, I felt an air of confidence surround me as I held my head up high. Walking up the stairs, I could see by what Silco meant. The place was crawling with guys, as the smell of sweat and testosterone filled the air.
I tried to not let it faze me, but soon enough, one of the guys had the nerve to walk in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. I look up at him, seeing the sleazy smile that he had on his face.
"Did the boss bring us back a treat? Tiny, but pretty." I noticed the other guys started crowding round. "What's your name, pretty?" He asked, as he reached his hand out to grab my face. Boy, was he wrong.
"Rose. And I'm just as deadly." I grabbed his hand, twisting it back. He cried out in pain as I jumped over him, landing on his back and pushed his arm between his shoulder blades. I saw my hands, as purple veins creeped out from under the jumper sleeve. He growled in pain, as a familiar voice broke through the crowd.
"I thought you were staying in the room, Rose." Silco said, the crowd parted as Silco walked through it. He look between me and the guy a few times before looking at me. "What happened?"
"He thought I was a treat. I was just simply showing him that I'm a thorn." I pushed his hand further between his shoulder blades before I hopped off him, walking over to Silco. I stood next to him, as the guy slowly got up. He looked at me with a face of hate, before Silco stepped in front of me, blocking his view of me.
"No one, I repeat, NO one is to touch Rose, she is an old friend of mine, and is here to help us with our mission. Don't touch her again." I heard the venom in his voice. I saw familiar clothing as I looked forward to see Sevika. She smiled at me, before looking me up and down.
"The clothes look good." She said bluntly, and I smiled at her.
"Thanks." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I saw Silco looking down at me. I hate being short sometimes.
"I thought I said be careful, Rosebud." He sighed, rubbing his forehead again.
"Seriously, Sil? I took down a guy who is twice my height and weight, and you're saying that? No good job, congrats, that was a amazing?" I sighed in frustration, pushing his hand off of my shoulder and walking back upstairs. But I stopped as flashbacks occurred in my head. This time, there was sound.

"You were supposed to be careful, Rosebud. You almost got killed trying to show off." I heard Silco say. I saw myself, Rose, turning around to him, bloodied and covered in cuts.
"I still took him down, though. Can I at least get a congratulations?" I asked, snappily. I was annoyed by the fact that he wasn't happy by the fact that I'm just alive to start with.
"Yes, but not with getting hurt yourself." Another man said, Vander I'm guessing.
"So? It's like someone told me once, 'If you were a scientist, you'd know you can't make a prototype without breaking a few wrenches.' Let me put that in fighting terms." I cleared my throat and puffed out my chest. "You cannot learn simply to fight without getting a few cuts and bruises." I tried to say in my best manly voice. The two boys laughed as I laughed as well.
"She's not wrong, Vander." Silco said, as he wiped away a tear.
"No, she's not." Vander sighed as he looked at me. "I've always seen you as a little sister, epescially with Vik topside now. Dont' want to see anything bad happen to you, I guess." He said, and Silco nodded.
"Please be carefully, Rosebud."

The flashback faded. Silco said that to me before. But the way he said it, it was different to the way Vander said it. I shook my head, before I continued to the room I'm staying in, slamming the door shut behind me.