Chapter 10. Hidden Feelings...

"You don't love me?" Tears filled my eyes as I looked into his. His face changed, the expression from one of seriousness to shock. "You left me when I needed it the most!" 

"Rose?" He murmured, his face changing again to sadness. I looked away as I stood up, walking around the chair and standing on the other side, facing away from him. 

"You don't talk to me for five years, every order was delivered through Sevika, and you sent me off to work with Singed for months. How else am I supposed to feel?" I exclaimed, turning to face him, my eyes burning from the shimmer coursing through me. He flinched back slightly, looking down at the ground. "I feel pushed aside, considering we kissed last we met."

"And I apologise for the last five years, but that's not an excuse," Silco said, looking up at me, looking into my eyes. "I do love you, my dear. I was just scared... I was scared to lose you. After everything happened, your expressions and what you went through. I was scared that seeing me would bring it all up again." He said, walking towards me and gently touching my arms. I looked down at his hands before he flinched them back, his hands red from the burning of my skin, a new ability I discovered a couple of years ago.

"First off, don't call me dear. That's a name earned, not given. And secondly, if you loved me as you said, you wouldn't have left for five years." I stated, walking towards the door and opening it. "I've got business to attend to. If you need me, send Sevika." I walked out, closing the door behind me. I stood there momentarily, hearing glass shatter against the wall before walking away, heading down through the club. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey before heading out to the fissures. Walking down the path that I have many times before, leading to the place I now call home.

"Knock knock, father, I've returned," I yelled into the cave, my voice echoing through the hollow chasm as I walked past the pond and into the lab.

"Ah, Rose. Welcome back." I heard Singed say as I opened the door and entered the lab. "How was the shipment?"

"Failed. Firelights attacked, and the shipment was destroyed, so we must double down on it." I said, taking a seat at my desk. Singed turned in his chair, pulling his mask over his nose, looking shocked at me

"The Firelights?" He asked, and a nod was my reply. "They're a real pain in my behind. Bringing down my shimmer shipments impacts the lanes." I flopped back onto my desk, papers and vials falling to the floor, cracking and making noise.

"Silco wanted to see me," I said softly, as I heard a chair scrape on the floor, and Singed appeared in my vision. 

"I can tell." He gestured to my eyes before doing a once-over on me, ensuring I wasn't injured. "What did he want?"

"At first, I thought he would lecture me about the shipment, but instead, he said he loves me." My breathing got stuck in my throat as I swallowed back my tears, but it didn't work as I felt them run down my face. "Five years, and he says that to me. It's not fair!" I yelled, slamming my fist into the table, feeling it splinter under the force I administered.

"You are right, Rose. It's not fair after so many years." I watched Singed take a deep breath, the mask moving with his breathing. "How about, to get your mind off it, we start on the next shipment. See if we-"

"Create a new version?" I said in excitement, forgetting my previous sorrow. "Sure!" I hopped off my chair and grabbed my equipment for the shimmer as I heard Singed chuckle slightly. I place my mask on my face before pulling my pink and blue hair back into a braid. I made sure I had everything before checking in with Singed. He nodded as he put the last few things in his pouch and headed out the door, and I followed through. 

Once long ago, the flowers necessary to make the shimmer grew in the cave we work in, but now they are no longer there. So, we've had to go through the portals to other places that abundantly grow flowers.