Chapter 7. This Changes Everything...

"So... you still love him then?"
Vander's question took me by surprise a bit, but a flashback I had showed me discussing my feelings for the two of my friends, especially saying that I see Silco more than a friend and Vander a brother.
"I haven't decided yet. Losing all of my memories hasn't been easy, but it's better than remembering the hatred I once bared to you." I walked away from the room, heading down to the room. I saw Silco watching me as I walked by him, but I paid him no mind as I slammed the door shut.
Pacing around the room, my short hair ruffled and sticking up from me running my fingers through it, my eyes glowing from the hatred that was dwelling within. The end of my sleeve soaked from me chewing on it.
"Fuck!" I shouted as I punched the wall next to me, making a dent in it.
"Remind me never to get on your bad side, Rose." I turned to see Sevika standing in the now open. I chuckled slightly as i brushed my hands off.
"Yea. I go a bit manic." I said, as Sevika stood where she was.
"We got word that Vander's kids are on the move, we need to be upstairs." I nodded as I followed her out of the room. I closed the door behind me as I put my mask back on my face. We walked upstairs to the catwalk and stood at the other end in a room, as we waited for the kids to arrive.
We planned this whole thing out. Left an area on top of the cannery open for them to get in, and then we wait til they reach Vander before we do anything. Soon enough, our plan went through. We all watched three kids drop down from the roof and onto the platform. Judging by their shadows, it looked to be Violet, Mylo and Claggor. Seems that they left Powder behind. She be hating that right now. We watched as they hid behind the railing as they made their way to the catwalk on our end. I watched as Vi poked her head around the corner, seeing Vander at the other end before gesturing to the boys to move. Eventually, they made it down to Vander, himself not noticing the kids until they were right there.
"Vi." I heard Vander say as Vi hugged him. My eyes glowed. He never hugged me. "What are you doing here?"
"We're breaking you out." Vi said as she stood up. "Mylo." She moved away from Vander as Mylo went on to do his job. Breaking the locks.
"How... how did you get in?" I notice Vi look around the place. Looking to find a way out. "There's guards everywhere." Vander said.
It was easy." I almost laughed. It's because we made it easy, VI. "We found an open window and..." Realisation dawned on her as she realised they had been set up.
"Oh god. You have to get out. Now." I watched to see Silco walking.
"Welcome." He slowly clapped his hands as he walked towards the catwalk. "You have my congratulations. But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." We all walked out of the shadows, Sevika and I standing next to Silco. I watched as Jameson and Jack stood at the end of the catwalk. "Have you heard the rumour? Vander the coward fled town with his children. And they were never seen again." I watched as Claggor broke his machete on the locks as Vi put on those cast-iron gauntlets.
"Claggor, see if you can find another way out of here." I heard Vi say, as she was standing behind the door.
"You don't have to do this." Vander said.
"Yes I do." Vi walked out of the room and down the catwalk. Jameson walked out onto it as well, towering over Vi. This will be easy. I lent against the railing as Silco watched the battle ahead. Vi dodged the first swing and uppercut Jameson to the jaw, knocking him to the ground. What?! A few more men went after her, but each kept getting knocked down. One eventually got her into a headlock, but she knocked him over the railing and into the shimmer production below. Sevika went to go fight her, but Silco stopped pulling out two vials of shimmer, looking at both me and Deckard.
"Ready to rise to the surface?" He asked us, we looked between each other before we grabbed a vial each, popping the cap and drinking the contents. While my body has adjusted to the shimmer, just making me more agile and stronger, it affect Deckard badly, turning him into an overgrown monster. Silco nodded to us again as we made our way out onto the catwalk. I noticed that Vi was getting exhausted, as Deckard tossed someone over the edge of the platform. I watched as Vi made a run for him, pushing off the railing as she went to punch him, but he was quicker. He grabbed her by the neck, as I flashed to the other side of the catwalk, hiding in the shadows there, the only thing being seen was my bright purple eyes.
"Vi!" I heard a little voice say to my left, I looked to see Powder outside the window. Sneaky brat. I chuckled to myself as I heard Vander yell.
"Silco! Let her go. This is between you and me."
"You had your chance!" Deckard threw Vi onto the ground, her body causing a loud thud when it happened and losing one of the gauntlets. I watched as Vi crawled backwards towards the room, closing the door when she made it. Deckard made a run for the door, but it was closed before he got there, he started banging on the door.
"You're not going to get through there, big boy." I whispered as I climbed up into a vent, making my way to the room. The maze of vents in the cannery made it hard to get to the room, as I heard Deckard punch and scream at the door. Vi and Vander talking, as Claggor busted a hole in the wall. I only just made it to the room when the banging stopped. I saw Mylo finish unlocking the locks and Claggor kicking down the last bit in the wall.
Then it happened. An explosion occurred, blowing out the side of the building. Of course, me being in the vents, I got hit as well. The walls collapsed around me as the vent was crushed under the weight of the bricks, I screamed out in agony, as the shimmer in my body prevented me from going unconscious. I watch as the room exploded, sending Claggor backwards into a wall. Killed upon impact. The metal pole that Claggor was using, pierced Mylo through the shoulder. He looked at his best friend before the ceiling collapsed upon the room. Mylo was killed instantly. I looked around to see Vi stuck under some rubble, but alive, and Vander as well. Blue dust particles were flying through he area, as well as blue smoke. The crackle of lightning was heard around the room as it covered the place.
I watched as Vander slowly pushed the rubble of his back. I couldn't move, my body crushed beneath the weight of the rubble. I heard shouting as one of the men ran into the room and Vander threw him back out. I couldn't see much, but i could hear a fight happening on the catwalk. I saw Violet waking up, crying in pain as she rolled over to see her two best friends dead. I watched the tears fall down her face as a scream came from the catwalk. I tried to moving but cried out in pain as I did. Vi looked towards me, her eyes wide,
"Rose?" She said as a crash occurred.
"Find the girl.' I heard Silco say as Deckard walked into the room, pulling the debris off of Vi. She looked back in horror, but only for Deckard to be grabbed by someone. I looked to see who it was, and I saw Vander. He took the shimmer. He had Deckard pinned against the wall as he started banging his head against it, killing Deckard. Vander walked into the room, but as soon as he saw Vi, he grabbed his head and walked out of the room, stumbling over his feet. I watched as Vi kept looking at Vander.
"Silco!" I heard his shout, but the building started creaking under the weight of the flames, as it slowly engulfed the room. Vi was trying to get up when Vander dashed into the room, grabbing Vi and jumping through the hole in the wall, just as the room exploded from within. I screamed in agony as the flames engulfed everything. I heard footsteps running into the room.
"Rosebud!" I heard Silco shout, as he looked around the room.
"Sil!" I shouted back, hoping he'll hear me. He turned around in my direction as Jameson came in as well.
"Over there!" Silco pointed out and Jameson came running towards me. He pulled off the rubble from the vent and carefully pulling me out. It still hurt like hell and I cried out, but soon enough, Jameson picked me up as Silco rushed over to me, placing his hands on my face. I hissed slightly, as his fingers touched the open wounds on my face. "We'll get you to Singed." He said, and I nodded, trying not to concentrate on the pain.
We walked out of the cannery, the building soon engulfed in flames as I saw Singed off to the side, taking care of his burnt face. We walked towards an alleyway on the side of the cannery, but the closer we got, the more we heard the sound of crying and sobbing coming from it. Silco walked ahead, a blood-stained knife in his hand. He walked down the alley as we all gathered at the end of it, watching what will happen. I saw that it was Powder on the ground. And Vander's body not too far away. Tears ran down my face, as I watched Silco kneel in front of Powder, moving the knife to behind him.
"Hello, little girl. Where's your sister?" I watched as Powder lifted her head, looking at Silco. She looked down for a moment before leaping at Silco, hugging him as he fell backwards, Powder lying on him as she buried her face into his chest. We all watch the scene unfold in front of us.
"She left me." I heard her say, sounding heartbroken as she did. Sil looked up to see Vander lying dead on the ground. "She is not my sister anymore.' Her voice spitting venom as Silco looked back down at the bluenette hugging him. He lifted one hand up, as if he was going to attack her, but instead he wraps his arms around the small girl, pulling her into a tighter hug. I smile slightly as my vision was getting blurry. I wiped my eyes and saw blood on my hand.
"It's okay." I looked back at the pair as Silco hugged her tightly. "We'll show them. We will show them all." He said as we stayed there. Powder eventually drifted off to sleep, as Silco picked her up. He walked off, the rest of us following him. We walked through the Lanes as people started coming out of hiding, watching us. We soon reached The Last Drop, the home of Vander, as we walked inside, and everyone else followed suit. He placed the sleeping Powder down in one of the booths before walking to the bar. Jameson carefully placed me down in a booth nearby, hissing slightly at the contact.
"Vander is dead!" I heard Silco shout to the crowd. The place was soon filled with murmurs and whispers. "He was killed by enforcers. An explosion in the cannery. And three of his children are dead." Silco looking sad as he spoke about what happened. Gasps occur the place.
"Th enforcers are getting bold." One of the patrons said.
"We need to fight back!" Another shouted and the rest agreed.
"Ok. I understand what you all want. Vander couldn't bring you those promises because he had a deal with the enforcers. With Piltover. Stick with me and we will become the nation of Zaun!" Silco finished off as the crowd cheered, chanting his name. He smiled as he got out drinks for everyone. I got one as well.
"A toast!" I shouted, as everyone turned to me. "To the nation of Zaun, a new era!" Everyone cheered as we raised out glasses. I look around and laid my eyes on Silco. He raised his glass to me and I to him, sipping the sweet liquor.
This is just the beginning.