The Tilak They Deserved

Sorry!! I should be working on the other 2 I have going on but I literally stayed up all night on this one-shot instead🤣. Now imagine a world where everyone was sane(mainly Arohi and Manjari) and things went as they were supposed to.

Promise I am working on the other 2 as well😁. 

Enjoy reading💕

——————

Akshara sat in front of her dressing table fidgeting with her phone. Shaking her head, she put the phone down and remembered everything that had occurred in the past 24 hours. He had actually come to her home and asked for her hand in marriage and today, today was her tilak. "Methi kahika, mujhse toh kuch kaha nahi par seedha pariwar aur shaadi tak pahonch gaya." She muttered under her breath.

For a second she sat stunned. Meri shadi hone wali hai...Abhimanyu se.... Just thinking about that name made her lower her gaze and blush. She peaked at her phone again.

"Call karu ya nahi..."

She huffed, gave in and reached for her phone. Just as she was about to press on his name, a hand shot out and stole her phone.

"Ooh hooo Jiju ko call kar rahe ho? Tu bhi na Akshu! Tumhe kuch nahi aata hai! Rishta uske taraf se aaya hai toh call bhi usse karne de. Thora toh bhao kha!" Arohi teased her older sister while turning off the phone and placing it in the drawer.

"Aaru thik hai main call nahi karungi par phone toh de! Usne call kiya aur main utah nahi payi toh kya sochega?" Akshara reasoned worriedly.

"Wah! Abhi se itni fikir? Relax ho ja. Waise bhi Neil ne kaha tha ki Jiju pura din surguries mein busy honge toh tu unhe chor aur meri soch. Trip par yeh sab chal raha tha aur tune mujhe bataya bhi nahi?! Gussa hoon main tujhse." Arohi made a face and crossed her arms.

Akshu stood and hugged Arohi from the back.

"Arrey meri princess, mujhe khud pata nahi chala toh tujhe kaise batati? Sab kuch itna jaldi ho gaya ki na kuch samajhne ka aur na batane ka time mila. Ab please gussa chor aur tayar hone mein meri madad kar, pleaaaasse Aaaaruuuuu! Tilak hai aaj mera!" She pleaded.

The two sisters spent the next 3 hours laughing and dancing while choosing clothes and matching jewelleries.

Kairav walked in to see both of his darling sisters look beautiful and all grown up.

"Aisa lagta hai ki kaal hi tum dono ko goad me leke har jagah apne saath lejata ta aur ab itni bhari ho gaye ho ki humein chor kar sasural jaane wali ho?" Kairav said wistfully as he wished his parents were here to see their Akshu ready for her tilak.

As Akshu started tearing up, Arohi huffed angrily. "Bhaiya! Rula diya na! Akshu, khabar dar joh make kharab kiya toh! Jiju ke samne bhootni banke jaoge toh woh bhi bhag jayega phir toh yahi roti rehna Kairav bhaiya ke saath."

Kairav laughed and wiped his tears.

"Akshu bhootni lage, moti ho jaye ya joh bhi ho, Mujhe nahi lagta Abhimanyu kahi jah payega. Woh toh buri tarah paas chuka hai, hai na Akshu?" Kaorav teased and laughed some more at the expressions on Akshus face.

Akshu didn't know whether to be angry or shy she just crossed her arms and turned away from her siblings.

"Acha ab naraz mat ho. In sab baaton mein, main zaroori baat karna bhool gaya. Birlas aagaye hai, tum dono bhi jaldi aana. Aur haan Bade Ma ne kaha hai yeh pehene ko." He said, passing her 2 jewellery boxes before leaving.

Arohi sat Akshu back on the chair as they opened the first box. Inside lay a gorgeous pair of earrings.

"Mumma ke jhumke!" Arohi whispered looking at the earrings tearfully. She smiled and blinking away her tears, she helped put them on Akshara. Akshara stared at her reflection and looked at the earrings wishing she were here herself.