12

You wait by the fire escape outside a window around thirteen storeys from the ground.

A normal person would've faltered at heights like these but you weren't exactly normal anymore.

"Wait here." Peter 3 instructs as he slides open a window.

"Isn't that breaking and entering?" You joke but Peter clearly wasn't in the mood for comedy right now.

You stare out at the city, looking away from Peter and his girlfriend and admiring the view.

You sit against the wall for a while, waiting for Peter and Gwen's little reunion to be over.

It was quite funny because, if your calculations were correct, then Gwen hasn't died yet. It was just a normal day to her compared to Peter who'd gone for years without seeing his one true love.

"So there's a girl outside from another universe?" You hear yourself being mentioned and decide it was time to swing back into this conversation.

"Yep." You take off your mask and give Gwen a little wave.

"Do you want to come in? I don't want you falling." She asks, watching as your hair flew about in the wind.

"I wouldn't have," You say, climbing through the window, "But it's nicer in here than out there."

You sit on the floor and admire how Gwen had decorated her room. There were loads of books and clothes everywhere it looked quite nice. She was definitely quite rich.

If you remembered well, Gwen's dad was actually a police officer which meant they would've had a solid income.

Peter and Gwen spend some time together just talking as you switch on Gwen's tv and watching the first thing that popped up.

This was the worst case of third wheeling you had ever been a part of.

You sigh, flicking through the channels hoping to find some sort of live music but instead the remote stops on the news report.

"..A rampage has occurred in the south of New York involving an unknown species. People are saying that this is the new Godzilla or King Kong. The big question is, how are we going to stop it? And where is Spider-Man?.."

"Peter," You whisper, watching a live feed of the destruction on the TV.

"What?" Peter complained before cursing under his breath when he noticed the TV.

"We've got to fight that?" Peter remarks, "It looks like something from a mythology book."

He was right.

You both stare at the TV for a couple of seconds before Gwen speaks up.

"I can h-"

"No, you're staying here." Peter says, practically pulling you out of the apartment and webbing the window shut behind you before Gwen has moved a muscle.

"I can't risk losing you again." Peter says, placing his hand on the window.

Gwen gave him a weak smile, placing her hand on the glass on the other side of his.

You didn't exactly want to watch the romance unfold before you so you quickly swing into the city, noticing the creature in the distance.

This was some crazy shit.