Time will tell

—Are you okay?—Joonas looked at me while Olli, Aleksi and Rachel played at the hotel garden. Niko had left, Tommi was in his room and Porko was sitting next to me.
—Sure.
—Are you still thinking that they may have something?
—I don't know—I shrugged seeing how they played wrestling and Alex was losing—. It's not like I have the right to complain if they date, we are just friends that sometimes do things...not very friend-like.
—It's obvious how much you care about her and that you love her more than you recognize.
—Maybe, but I don't have another choice. She wants this kind of relationship, and I prefer that over loosing her.
—And what's going to happen when we get back home and you're not the only thing she has anymore?—he gave me an angry look—I hope you are aware that the reason she clings to you so much it's because if you wanted, you could leave her alone miles away from home.
—I'll never do that.
—And that's why she's like this with Olli, because she knows that even if she had something with him, you'll never take any privileges away from her. And I don't want you to end up mad at him for a girl.
—Time will tell I guess—I shrugged.
—Look—he tapped on my knee and I looked up from the ground. Olli was carrying her on his back and she couldn't stop laughing. They were chasing Alex together. I sighed. She seemed so happy and I even thought that they would be a cute couple.
—I love her so much that if she wanted to date him, the only important thing for me would be her happiness. That smile, Joonas, is all I'd care about.

His silence made me understand that he had noticed how I was actually feeling.

—I'll ask them if they want to go get some waffles—I stood up.

Obviously, they agreed and we went to a coffee shop nearby. My best friend seemed shocked for what I had said. He was giving me a worried look that I had just seen a few times in my life.

—What's the plan for tomorrow, Niko?—Rachel asked with Olli's arm around her shoulders. I wasn't liking that situation at all so I tried to stay quiet and just scroll through Instagram or talk to Porko.
—Well...we have to take a flight tomorrow at three. At two pm we have to be at the airport so we must be ready at one or half past one maximum.
—Have you thought that soon you'll see your band again?—Aleksi asked.
—I prefer not to. I already told them I was fine and they didn't even cared about where. Anyway, I don't know what I was expecting, the girls put up with everything I did but they are more professional and...I wasn't up to the task.
—Don't be so hard on yourself, maybe you wasn't ready but they fucked it up too much. Nobody is perfect—Niko comforted her while Olli pulled her closer and left a kiss on her cheek. I kept a napkin in my hand under the table and squeezed it in order to avoid doing something impulsive.