Crashing into you

1 week before Antonio's ceremony

Daniela made her way around town as she waved hello to all those around her, flashing a toothy grin. "Hello, Daniela!" A man called, next to his wife and daughter. "Hello Mr. Cantillo! Good day?" "Yes, very good! And how about you, Daniela?" "Amazing!" She answered, and skipped away, smiling at everyone else around her.

Daniela was one of the known, happy-go-lucky, pretty faces in town. Everyday she would twirl down the streets of Encanto, dancing to the music, singing along with the musicians scattered around, hanging out with the fellow citizens, and overall helping out the community as much as she could.

Daniela felt rumbling on the ground below her, and as her eyes flickered up she saw Luisa Madrigal, balancing boulders on each arm, and dropping them off by the bridge, out of everyone's way. Everyone called out to Luisa, instructing her on what to help with, and she continuesly responded with a "on it" every time.

Daniela frowned, stepping over to where Luisa picked up one donkey at a time. "Luisa! So good to see you! Let me help" Daniela bent down and began trying to lift a donkey, but her arms quivered and her face went red as she clenched her teeth. Luisa chuckled, patting her on the back. "I got it, thank you though."

"Luisa! I need you to move these boxes!" A man called from his window. Daniela put her hands on her hips and turned to face him. "On i-" Luisa started to comply, but Daniela cut her off. "You can't do it yourself?" She asked. "Well, no, that's what Luisa is for..." The man hesitated. "Can't you see she's busy doing everyone else's work around here? My mamá always taught me how to do my part, especially if it was my own job. So I'll help you, while Luisa carries on with her part," She grinned and winked at Luisa who returned a greatful smile as Daniela walked to help the man with his boxes.

Daniela had just finished up helping the man and she skipped out his door, wiping sweat beads off her forehead.

"I have never seen someone go out of their way to help my big sister like that, you are one kind soul," Mirabel Madrigal said, walking up to Daniela. 

Daniela smiled and waved her words away. "It's nothing. I guess I'm the only one who sees how much pressure they put on her," She replied, "I notice it too, Luisa has always been prone to help, like my whole family has. It's just what we've been taught since day one, we must be perfect, no excuses,". Daniela furrowed her eyebrows, acknowledging that this was obviously wrong. 

"Daniela, right?" "Yes, we've met before, but briefly."

The two girls walked down the street chatting with one another, until Mirabel turned to Daniela and asked, "Do you wanna do something fun?"

Mirabel and Daniela cheered and squealed as they dangerously slid down Isabela's vines that were connecting from building to building.

"THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!" Daniela exclaimed with a bright smile on her face. "WOOHOO!" Mirabel cheered as they held on tightly. Isabela noticed them from down below and rolled her eyes, but gave in and with the swipe of a hand, more stable vines appeared for them to ride.

Soon enough the vine they were riding was coming to an end, and their eyes both went wide after seeing they were about to go flying into a crowd of people. "I don't think we can stop it!" Mirabel called, looking back. "Brace yourself!" Daniela warned as they both shut their eyes, waiting for the moment of impact. 

They flung up into the air, after a few seconds finally finding the ground, crashing right into the group of citizens. Mirabel's glasses went flying and Daniela tumbled directly on top of someone, knocking them down with her. It took the two girls a moment to process, but once they realized they were ok, they sat up and had a laughing fit. Mirabel grabbed her crooked glasses and put them back on, and Daniela finally caught a glimpse of the person she had stumbled onto.