Crumbling Miracle

Casita was crumbling. And there was nothing anybody could do about it. 

"Mirabel!" Her family members hopelessly cried as she pranced after the candle balancing on Abuela's, now broken, bedroom window. She was risking her own life for her family's miracle."Casita, get me up there!" Mirabel instructed, a ladder from the balcony appearing to her 

"I have to help her," Camilo breathed, furrowing his eyebrows in worry as he watched Mirabel struggle. "No, Camilo you can't-" Dani protested, but he was already gone running up the stairs. 

Daniela watched in fear as Camilo shapeshifted, ducking as he ran, the ceiling collapsing, missing him by an inch each time. She held her breath, not wanting to see her two best friends fail this fatal quest. 

Isabela swung on her vines, trying to reach the burning candle before Mirabel did, but the walls broke and so did her vine, leaving her rolling off a wooden plank and on to the ground. All while this, Casita did what it could to help, which wasn't much. 

Camilo leaped from the first floor, reaching out for the roof but missing, and as he began to fall, so did Daniela's stomach. Luckily, Casita shot out a piece of the balcony for him to grab onto before he hit the floor. Daniela quickly rushed over to where him and Isabela laid, face full of worry. 

A wave of tiles washed out the family, throwing them onto the dewy grass in front of the house. And then, silence. Daniela slowly opened her eyes to see the gray, dull atmosphere. She coughed, breathing in unhealthy amounts of dust as Mirabel and the candle were the only remains of casita. But atlast, the candle had gone out. The miracle was gone. 

"My powers, they're gone, I don't- what about Antonio? What is he going to do?" 

Camilo's voice rang in Daniela's ears. "Are you hurt?" Julieta asked while holding her daughter's face. Mirabel wasn't speaking. 

But they found her many, many hours later. 

Daniela sat, holding Camilo's hand tightly as they waited anxiously. The sound of hooves trotting interrupted their restless state, as they turned to see Abuela, Mirabel, and Bruno. 

Julieta darted to her daughter, throwing her arms around her. "There were bees everywhere. I'll be okay." Augustin said, lightening the mood as Mirabel chuckled at his swollen face. 

"Uh, not if we don't have a house..." Camilo blurted, Felix elbowing him. "What?? We don't have a house, I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house," Despite Camilo being serious, everybody laughed at his impudent humor. 

All hope was restored as Casita was re-built, and the miracle burned bright again.

a/n-  this chapter is really short cuz i wanted to get it out of the way. another one is coming very shortly.

a couple things before you move on to the next chapter:

i didn't include "All of You" for a reason, and that is because in this story, Abuela has yet to get better. Meaning she is still a threatening, mean hag <3

this is going to line up with the rest of the story, so you'll see why i didn't go along with the movie plot (Cuz this is where Abuela would realize she went wrong and all that)

also, no song in this chapter cuz it's short af and i couldn't really find one for it

anyways, shits bout to get interestingggg y'alll

keep reading ;) xoxo