Chapter Two ~ You Again?

The next day, you found yourself accompanied during the morning shift.

          You were setting up the cafe with your coworker, Catherine. You liked her enough - she was slightly smaller than you with a petite figure and pixie-length blue hair. The stereotypical cafe barista, to be frank - though she was rather kind. 

          The clock on the wall read about 6:30 am, your eyes glossing over the hands on the clock as you absentmindedly set up coffee beans and whatnot. You'd be lying to yourself if you said you weren't tired - though, normally you had no problem waking up this early for a morning shift. The blame for your sleepiness, you decided, could easily be pinned on your weird encounter yesterday with the science man. Although it could be used for blame, however, it didn't quite mean you could use it for an excuse - weird encounters never really threw you off before. 

          "You know," you piped up, your eyes still glued on the clock subconsciously, "I met the strangest man yesterday morning."

          "Yes, well, when do we not meet weird people here and there?" Catherine asked you as a response, giving you a slight chuckle as she watched your drowsy state. 

          "It's not that he was weird, I don't know..." you trailed off, pulling your hands away from the coffee machine to rub your eyes tiredly. As you did so, the bell by the door rang, indicating that there was a customer. This early?, you thought to yourself, silently groaning as you pulled your hand down your face. 

          As you processed this, you felt Catherine's figure lean towards you, her voice soft. "Weird customer, straight ahead." With a final sigh, you flicked your eyes open to look in front of you. A sudden chill ran down your spine at the sight of the customer - it was the same man from yesterday; Otto, he said his name was. Catherine seemed to have noticed how rigid you went, her eyes flicking between you and the man walking towards the counter.

          He too seemed to remember you, as a look of recognition flashed over his face - this resulted in him sporting an amiable smile, one that somehow created a warmth inside your heart. His figure walked up to the counter, watching as you straightened yourself up properly. The moment a noise came from his mouth, you had already interrupted him: "Medium chai latte," you sputtered out, your eyes locked on his. He reacted with raised eyebrows, an amused grin on his face. 

          "I made that much of an impression?" He jested, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. "Yes, that's right, if you wouldn't mind."

          "I-I-" you began to answer, fumbling with your words. Catherine seemed to notice this, swift to rescue you from the potentially embarrassing interaction.

          "I'll take care of your drink, sir!" She smiled at him, sneaking a quick pat on your back before walking a bit away to make his drink. You glanced towards Catherine walking away, then to the man in front of you. For a moment, it was quiet - you didn't quite know what to say. How could you explain remembering his order to him? 

          "I suppose I should ask you your name then? How rude of me," Otto apologized, glancing from your coworker to you with an amused smile. 

          "D-Don't stress about it!" You quickly told him, waving your hands in front of you as if to dismiss his apology. "It's YN."

          "Y/N," he repeated your name, a look of interest in his eyes, "what a lovely name."

          "Thank you," you managed to sputter out, a lopsided smile plastered on your face. God, this was embarrassing... but he didn't even seem to mind how nervous you were...