Ch. 2

Lauren's POV

   Jay gets dinner warming up for us while I feed Rosemary again. Man does she eat a lot! I mean, she doesn't drink an entire boob, or even half, but still.

   "I can't get over how beautiful she is," Louis smiles watching her.

   "Me neither. We did a good job baby," I peck his lips. He laughs.

   "I guess we are definitely meant to be because we made a perfect baby. It's like when bunnies aren't right together, their baby risks birth defects or death. When they are right, their baby is perfect," he grins.

   "We didn't need a baby to know we are made for each other baby," I giggle and kiss him.

   "True," he laughs and kisses me again. I lean my head on his shoulder happily.

   "I love our family!"

   "Me too angel!" Once Jay has our food plated up, we head into the kitchen. I keep feeding Rosemary until she's full before I lay her in a pack and play we have in here, and I put her pacifier in. I quickly eat my food and keep watching her. She squirms making me giggle.

   "What is she doing," Jay laughs.

   "She just squirming around," I giggle. "It's like she's swimming." They laugh and Louis leans over me to see before he laughs more. I grab his head and pull it into my arms so he can't sit up again and he laughs more.

   "Baby why are you holding my head," he asks.

   "Because I love you and I miss you," I explain. He and Jay laugh.

   "I'm right here darling," he says laughing still. I pout and kiss the top of his head then let him go. He presses his lips to mine a couple times then sits in his seat again. He rests his left hand on my thigh making me smile. I rest mine on his to hold onto him. I eat my chicken pot pie happily making them laugh.

   "Thank you for everything Jay," I smile at her.

   "Of course! I'm just happy you wanted me here to help and spend time with all of you," she smiles.

   "Why wouldn't we? Out of all of us you know the best and we love you the most," Louis smiles.

   "He's right," I nod. She coos and blushes.

   "Thank you," she thanks us shyly.

   After dinner, Louis washes the dishes and I let Jay hold Rosemary since she's let everyone else hold her all day.

   "Look at that beautiful smile," Jay coos. I laugh and sit beside her and watch my daughter smile.

   "I love how happy she is! Her screaming scared the crap out of me earlier," I admit.

   "It'll happen again. She's not hurt. She just wants something. Neither of you would ever let her get hurt," she says making me smile.

   "No we won't," I agree.

   "Remember that babies are vocal. And it's ok to let her cry. When she's older it's better," she advises me.

   "Why?"

   "Because they can learn their independence and self-soothing. If she's hungry or needs a change, that's another thing, but if she's just crying to cry or wants attention, she can cry. It won't hurt her to cry."

   "But isn't that neglect?"

   "No love," she smiles. "It's not like you're not going to come back to her in a little bit. Let's say she's been put down for a nap and she cries because she doesn't want it. You'll be messing up her sleep schedule by keeping her awake, and she won't get her self-soothing in where she learns how to be comfortable alone. She will probably cry herself to sleep anyway. It's not neglect because you're going to be watching out for her and you're going to be there."