CHAPTER 16 - MONTEVERDE

FARREI 

She laughed while throwing some jokes to her siblings. We had our snacks at one of the food stalls and sat at a table for six. My eyes are glued on her. Para bang wala na akong iba pang makita kung hindi ang mga ngiti at mata niya lang. 

This night, I realized something deeper inside me. I want to be beside her. The ache that these days has given me, only increased into a higher degree of craving. 

Yna's a bright, strong, and loving woman. Hindi siya mahirap magustuhan and I admit, I like her. I like her to the extent of doing everything to see her smile. To make her laugh. To see her every night after a tiring work at the company. To be with her in just hours. 

The reason why I'm acting so protective of her when one of her client tried to force himself on her is that I want her to belong only to me. I want to be the only client she'll have all her life. Or... maybe... its because I want her... in my life. 

I don't give a damn on her job. I don't give a shit about her social status... nor her past... It's her that I want and not those things. As if it matters to me. I can't change any of that... 

The only thing I can change... is myself. I want to be the best man she'll ever see.  Someone who is reliable and dependable. Worthy of her trust... I want to be that man to her. 

Kung tutuusin, ako pa yata ang nangangailangan sa kanya. She's that kind of energy that fills the emptiness inside me. And because of her... I'm slowly learning the operations of the company. I have signed to be the chairman and the papers are already on the process. Sooner or later, I'll get more busy. Kaya hanggat may panahon pa, I'll spend it with her. 

"Uya ney, usto mo?" Yasheen, the lovely girl motioned her ice cream on cup. I chuckled and open my mouth. She scooped on her vanilla ice cream and put it in my mouth. 

"Manaraap?" She asked and I nod, placing a soft kiss on her hair. 

At first, hirap akong intindihin siya. But during our car ride, I understand what Yna told me before. Something had happened to this young, wonderful girl that made her into the child she is today. Whatever that incident is, I hope Yasheen will be able to recover from it. There's so much in this life that awaits her.

I raised my gaze and I met Yna's glowing eyes. The sudden thump inside my chest told me that I fell more intensely towards her. 

"Kanina ka pa kumakain. Baka manakit na tyan mo," she said, concern filling her eyes. She even look at Yasheen's food. 

Maraming gustong matikman si Yash and I ordered everything she wanted. Ako nga lang umuubos sa tuwing hindi maubos ng bata. 

"Uyyy si Ate Yna... concern kay Kuya Rei..." tukso ni Yohan sa kanyang ate. 

My lips rose to a grin as I watch the pink stain running over her cheeks. Mas lalo lamang nagwala ang dibdib ko dahil doon. Fuck.  

"Yiiieeee! Kunyari pa tong si Ate! May pahalik-halik pang nalalaman," Yvory added and we all laughed at that making Yna's cheeks even more red. 

"Hay nako! Kung alam ko lang may ganoon sana pinanood ko na!" Yvarra commented. 

"Oo naaa... ahne yna niss uya nei." Oo nga, Ate Yna kiss kuya Rei. 

Ginulo ko ang buhok ni Yash. She even pointed on her cheeks. Acting where her sister kissed me. Silly little girl. 

"H-hoy! Kayo! Ano bang pinagsasasabi niyo diyan?!" 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and grinned towards her siblings in front of us. 

"Bagay ba kami?" I asked. Umani iyon ng mas maingay na tuksuhan. Yna fell silent as she hide herself in her palms. Marahan kong tinanggal iyon.