CHAPTER 21 - PROTECT

DAVIDE BLACK 

I am not surprised how small the world is. Just by looking at these documents I requested from my private investigator just proved my theories. It's not coincidence anymore. 

"You've been focused on your paper works, honey." I watched my wife entered the mansion's library where I kept myself busy for weeks. 

Ever since my son introduced Yllena as his woman weeks ago, I knew I have to do something to protect them. Being a Black isn't just about power and wealth. The empire has been through so many hardships and trouble that causes my family to be apart from each other. 

And now that she's with us now, I'll do my best, in my power to protect both of them. I can not let the same mistakes happen again. 

"I'm sorry, darling. I'm just worried about that girl." Lumapit siya sa akin at naglapag ng tasa ng kape. The aroma calmed my nerves a bit. 

"Napakaliit ng mundo..." I crumpled the list of engines from the underground that my son just bought lately. Nanginginig ako sa hindi malamang dahilan. 

"We've been protecting her ever since she was what? Eight? Alam kong ginagawa mo ang lahat hindi dahil sa utang na loob natin sa taong iyon kundi dahil ayaw mo nang mangyari kanino man ang bagay na nangyari sa mga anak natin." She massaged my shoulders. Napasandal ako sa swivel chair. 

I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. The Blacks were all over the world. Some were just like what Farrei did, hiding their identity to another name. Hindi ko masisisi ang anak ko sa pagbago niya ng pangalan. But from what I'm seeing right now... he's starting to change. 

For the better. And it's because of...

"I'll do everything for their happiness, Leah. My son has gone through a very traumatic past and now that he found his angel, like how I found you, I'll protect them and this family." 

A tear escaped her eyes and it pains me how we can't change a thing in this world. It's a big ball of uncertainties that no one can ever dictate how it'll rotate nor how fate will play its hands on those people who believes in it. And I am one of those fools who believes that I can change their fate. Farrei and Yllena's...

"We got the Underground, Davide. The Galanis' Empire is getting stronger. Mas malaki ang makukuha nating tulong sa kanila ngayon. You can always ask help from their secret organization." 

The ORION? Well, it's indeed a strong help but this battle isn't only for the Blacks. They have theirs too. Copernic is in a bad state now. No one is happy when his only daughter went missing years ago. Many believed that she's died along with her mother. 

Hindi naging madali para kay Copernic na pamahalaan ang underground at ang organization. Nikkolai's managing everything now and that kid is a monster. Walang kapaguran sa pag-iimbestiga mahanap lang ang nawawalang kapatid. 

Sa dami ng iniisip ko, hindi ko na alam kung ano ang uunahin. The underground is in a messy state right now. The Galanis' Lords are tightening their interactions with all the members. Knowing that Varoni is somewhere out there. 

That confidential information was kept to everyone. I just don't understand why the Galanis dissolved everything from the Varonis when in the first place it was their fault why Daniel suffered. He's just claiming back what belongs to him. Verona... She's his only family. She's his one and only love. Hindi naging madali ang buhay nilang dalawa. 

Those Galanis' Lords... 

Their history will soon be unveiled. Kahit ako na kaibigan ng kanilang pamilya, hindi pa rin maintindihan ang galit ng clan na iyon sa mundo. All I know is that their past is twisted and bloody-