9|FORTY-EIGHT

Bright paces back and forth inside his large home office, he then checks his watch for the umpteenth time while his anxiety is already mounting up until the roof. Never did he ever experience this kind of unwanted struggle inside of him as he peeks on the window - only to be met with a silent and dark neighborhood. There isn't any movement outside, not even any cars can be seen making him sigh in defeat - yet he still looks at the outside once more just to check if there are any approaching cars.

"Hey," Win nonchalantly says the moment he pops in and drops himself on the couch in the middle of the room. "He's not here yet, huh?"

Bright shakes his head in defeat as he leans on his desk exhaling heavily with crossed arms as he watches his son's best friend - shirtless and with only that jeans to cover him up, and showing a little bit of that sexy underwear that he is wearing based on that thin cloth on his skin.

"I thought you're going out with Joss tonight? Was it a movie or dinner or something?"

"Oh please," Win scowls as he sprawls himself on the couch even more while Bright just looks at him with a small smile on his face. Win had always been the cream of the crop among Joss's friends and aside from that - he is an open and proud gay, something that Bright finds truly amusing. Personality-wise, Win is always warm to the people that he meets and he can easily get along with anyone, and that includes - him.

"Joss canceled our movie because Gigi just called and asked him to go over her apartment - she's lonely and her parents are out," Win emphasized as he absently brushes his voluminous jet-black hair that cages that perfect face and those beautifully tantalizing grey eyes with his long and slender fingers.

"I bet they'll be doing that thing tonight since they're basically alone. You're not worried about them, huh?" Win teases.

Groaning, Bright raises his hand in defense whilst shaking his head making the younger male just laugh out loud. "Alright, that's it. I am not really that interested in my son's sex life, okay? I still can't even believe that he's already 19 - and that he can actually have the guts to make someone carry his seed. And the last time I checked, he and Gigi are just friends. So, you're not supposed to do that with your friends, right?" Bright walks back to the window, one last check on the whole premises before looking at his watch with a definitive sight.

"I guess, I got stood up by my date tonight," he exhales and rests on one of the arm seats of the couch opposite Win. "I should have known when he wasn't replying to any of my texts anymore since this morning. What did I expect from that kid anyway?"

Win smiles weakly and sits up on the couch, now flaunting his beautiful body to the older man. "Hey, maybe, his car broke down somewhere and he already called a towing truck to send it back to his house. And then he would hail a taxi so he could come here and you guys can go on your perfect date, huh?"

"I wish," Bright admits defeatedly. "Or maybe he just realized that he isn't actually ready to go on a date with a man who is almost the same age as his parents - add the fact that the man is a divorced man with a son who is already into his adulthood. I mean...he was still a kid and I am basically...an old man."

"Old man?" Win snickers and Bright looks at him questioningly. "Seriously? You're fucking hot. Like really really hot and definitely not old, you're just 48 - you're still in your prime. Life starts at 40, right? I kid you not if he sees you right now with that suit...oh man, he would drool all over and wished that he didn't stand you up."

Bright smiles and sighs right after. "Win, you don't have to flatter me that much just because I am your best friend's dad. And I've seen myself in the mirror plenty of times to know if I am still good enough or not - and sadly, that damn mirror doesn't know how to lie. I am already old...and even older guys like me wouldn't want to date me because they'd want someone who's fresh and young. And I don't fit on any of those criteria."