10|COFFEE SHOP

Win had always been so fascinated with a drink consisting of an infusion of the roasted crushed seeds of the coffee tree ever since he learned about the drink. The thing is, Win finds joy not only in the drink itself but in the calmness and peace that it brings him whenever he indulges himself with it. It took him years to relish that amusement into something more productive and be able to constantly enjoy such goodness when he started working in a coffee shop.

Well, it is not his only dream to be exact, to work in a coffee shop all his life though he finds nothing wrong if he does. Being able to enjoy coffee all the time, and to be able to serve such goodness to other people as well is truly inspiring and a line of work that no one should look down upon. However, Win's coffee enchantment just led him to work at a place near his university. While he pursues his study of becoming a business guru and to probably open up his shop in the future - working in one allows him to learn more about the works.

It has been three months since he accidentally stumbled in this shop - while he was searching for a place to settle as nature shed its tears to the world. Okay, it was just raining, but that's how Win sees nature - shedding tears to clean the world of such impurities even for just a while. Nonetheless, the ambiance of the place was cozy, and homey, and the fragrance of such saccharine goodness plus the scent of fruity, burnt, and slightly caramelized almost earthy, smoky, and bolder coffee made him instantly feel a deep affection for the place.

In exception to that fact, Win had also found fondness with the owner, Gun, as he is endearingly adorable and highly knowledgeable of his craft. Learning from him is an achievement itself and that Gun had also been providing him encouragement with his future career plans. So he's basically not only acquiring knowledge about coffee - but he is also gaining experience of running a small business. It is hitting two birds with one stone, as the saying goes.

"It's almost 9," Gun says mindlessly as he starts to straighten his apron with his hands, while Win absentmindedly does the exact same thing which of course, is something that they only do when they are expecting customers or a customer.

The shop opens at 6 in the morning, by the way.

And as Win suddenly remembers, he starts grinding the coffee beans in the machine while his eyes are glued to the door, or him being keenly aware of the slight ring of the bell attached to the door when he isn't looking - or when he looks at the huge digital clock hanging on the wall showcasing the time in bright red color making him smile as it turns to nine.

"Good morning," Gun says enthusiastically when the door opens revealing two out-of-this-world young men donned their perfectly tailored suits underneath those cool woolen coat that brings out more of their sophistication.

"Good morning," Off says almost immediately as he makes a bee-line, not to the cash register, but to Gun who is already making his drink at the bar. "You always look so beautiful every single day, the more reason for me to love this place," he adds, and Win can perfectly tell even without looking that his dear friend and boss can be now comparable to a tomato.

But Win takes himself out of that bubble, which is not his bubble to be in, and so he smiles shyly to the other male who is standing right in front of the register - which he had known already as Bright. He has been such a loyal customer these past few months, so it was inevitable not to be acquainted with his name. It's funny though how he takes his time looking at the same menu that he had been staring at for the months - yet orders the exact same thing every single day.

"I'll have a large Americano," he simply says, and it will also take him a few more seconds to add, "and a pastry of your recommendation," which Win would find amusing, as well, because even before Bright came in earlier - he had already thought of the pastry that would go well with his americano since he had been thinking of it since last night.