CHAPTER IV

Seulgi's POV

I'm looking at my kitchen now and it's a mess. God, please give me strength. I look at the little kid trying to mix the chocolate chips to her dough. With flour on her hair and a smile on her face as she tries stealing some chocolate, shoving it to her mouth. Why do you look so cute kid?

"I'm contemplating over dragging you out of this house and adopting you, so I can keep you. Can you help me decide?" she look up to me. She dropped everything she was holding, and started thinking.

"I'll have to have you choose the second one, but my mom won't let that happen. So..." she's still thinking.

"So?" I started cleaning up the kitchen. I mopped the floor, that was filled with flour earlier.

"Why don't you just marry my mom so that can be settled." With that I dropped the mop and as I turn to look at her, I almost slipped. She must be joking.

"Aren't your mom and dad married?" really Seulgi?! Are you really that desperate in keeping her, to be open in marrying her mom? I don't even know her mom! Wait! Why am I putting too much thought in this? Fuck!

"No, they were just friends from the very beggining. They just had me by accident. At least that's what they told me." she said. She started scooping the dough and putting it on the sheet, as I told her to. How can she be so calm about it?

"Oh! Then why are you setting me up with your mom instead of your dad?" I ask out of curiousity. I picked up the mop and finish it up.

"Because my dad does a lot of dates and I don't want you temporarily. Plus I live with my mom, in that way I can live with you too." I just chuckled at what she said. I decided to just go with the flow and see where this topic leads us.

"Is your mom even open in having a relationship with a girl?" she look up to me surprised but I can see she's trying to read me. Was I wrong in asking that?

"Why? Are you not?" She asked seriously, looking straight to my eyes. She's fucking intimidating.

"I- I am." why am I even stuttering? "Why are you trying to steal my question?" I can see that she calmed down a little bit, going back to what she's doing. She's still a kid yet she's serious about this things already. "Hey! I asked first. Answer me. Is she?" Hell yeah! I'm curious.

"Sometimes I see her looking at other girls the way dad looks at his dates.  I once asked dad about it." She paused and she is too deep in her thoughts.

"What did you ask him, specifically?" I don't know why, but I want to know it somehow. She looked at me with an apologitic look before she talk.

"I asked why doesn't mom look at guys that way, the way normal girls does." with that I try to hide my disappointement. "You're disappointed. Aren't you?" I only look at her.

"It's fine. My dad was too, that time. Dad talk me out of it and that's when I finally realized why they never end up together, even if they had me. It was because mom wasn't really the same as other girls, and it was normal. There's nothing wrong about it and I get it now." I smiled at that. That was why she's serious about it. She have amazing parents. I went next to her and she's still looking down.

"Looks like we've made a lot. Why don't you bring some for your mom? Let's get this to the oven now, shall we?" She glance up to me, I gave her a warm smile. "I'm proud of you love" I kissed her forehead and help her go down from the chair, she was standing on a minute ago.

While waiting for the cookies to cook I told her to go take a shower first because she's a mess. I can still see her standing infront of two rooms. I guess I never really told her where.