two

TWO

"You know, Scarlett, I think every time I see you in here, you're laying on Eric's bed." The boys' dad says as he walks out of his kids' bathroom — he was just fixing the sink and the toilet.

"It's more comfortable than Cory's." The brunette tells him, and he then opens the boys' bedroom door a little wider.

"This stays open." He motions between Letty and Eric before exiting the room.

Her right eyebrow twitches upward slightly, but she doesn't comment on what he said. And her oblivious best friend wasn't paying any attention to Mr. Matthews anyway, so he didn't hear what his father told them.

"Move over." Eric says​ as he then walks over to his best friend, so she does as he asked. He then lays on his stomach with his head near where her feet are.

Cory walks into the bedroom not long after, complaining about his parents. "If they can't afford to buy toys for three children, why did they have three children?" He questions.

"Well, you're cute when you're born, but then you turn into this." Letty flicks Eric's shoe.

"Leave me alone, I'm trying to put Heather in my watch." Eric tells him, and Letty sits up as she looks at the back of his head, her eyes narrowing in confusion.

"And on that strange note..." The brunette gets up​ and goes back downstairs.

"Do you ever go back to your own house?" Mr. Matthews asks when he sees his oldest son's best friend in his kitchen.

"Not if I don't have to." She shrugs. "Can I have a soda?"

"Help yourself." Mrs. Matthews motions toward the fridge, and the teenager opens it to find herself a drink.

"Ooh, cold pizza. Is it alright if I take a couple slices for me and Miller?" Letty asks as she turns to look at Eric's parents.

"Yeah, I think that'd be alright." She nods, and the teenager grabs two slices along with the soda that they said she could take.

"Thanks." The brunette smiles. "I'll see you guys later."

"Bye, honey."

"Be careful, Scarlett." Mr. Matthews tells her as she heads out the door.

"Always am." Letty says through a mouthful of food, and he quirks an eyebrow as he looks down at his wife.

The teenager's walking into the trailer park soon after, and Miller jogs over. "Awesome, food." He sighs as he takes the pizza that she's holding out toward him. "Where's my soda?" He asks, and she narrows her dark eyes as she looks up at him.