eleven

⌜ chapter eleven ⌟

"And what are you whining about this time?" Letty sighs as she looks up at Eric in their school hallway.

"My dad's all excited for the father/son softball game this weekend, and I don't want to go." He tells her.

"Sucks to be you." She says sarcastically.

"I know."

"No. I wasn't being sincere." The brunette shakes her head, and he looks at her. "Your dad wants to spend one day with you. Get over it."

"Letty, you're supposed to be supportive. You're supposed to be my best friend." He then gets up and walks away from her.

"Okay." She takes a deep breath as she turns back to her locker.

"Oh, look, he's mad at her. Maybe he'll ditch her, and then trailer trash will have to stay in the trailer park." A girl whispers from behind Letty.

"She won't be able to marry her way out with an unsuspecting victim." The girl's boyfriend says, and then Letty turns around to face them.

"Uh-oh." The girl mumbles as she takes a step back.

Miller walks by then and he slams his hand down on the guy's textbooks, causing them to fall to the floor with a loud bang. The blond boy keeps walking without looking at the couple, and his friend fights back a smile as she looks up at him.

"Was that fun?" Letty asks, and he shrugs.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says, and she chuckles as she shakes her head at him.

"Come on. We have to get to class." She says, and the pair start down the hall.

"Oh, man." Miller looks down at the guy who's collecting his books from the floor. "You really should be more careful." He says, and Letty grabs his hand to pull him toward their class before he can start a fight.

After school, the two teenagers are sparring in the living room because Letty's dad isn't home. He left for the weekend, and they have no idea where he went. Nor do they care, really. They're both just excited to have the trailer to themselves with no violence.

Well, minimum violence, that is.

Miller lands on the floor with a thud and a grunt, and Letty laughs as she stands over the older boy. "You didn't want to make that even a little challenging?" She asks, and he glares up at her.

"You're getting better, Black. Don't start getting cocky too." He says as he gets to his feet.

"Fighting Dean was harder." She tells him, and he grinds his teeth.