Chapter Ten - Elevator troubles

Reina's Point Of View

My eyes fluttered open when the sunlight blinded my eyes through the curtains. I swear to God, I just want to kill myself whenever I can never sleep in. It was honestly the worst thing that could happen to me. Ugh fuck, I've got a headache already. I barely even drank anything. No, wait. I did drink quite a bit.

I pulled the duvet over my face, forcing the light out of my face. The duvet felt so soft and nice and was the dark interior shade that I loved. Hold on. Pause. My house only has a light interior since I couldn't find one with a dark interior. Where the hell was I?

I instantly shot up from the bed, squinting across the room. The grey lamp which gave a white light, the bedside wardrobe which was carefully organized, and the ginormous bed that I slept in were the same as the room I slept in when I lived with Jax. No. I did not sleep with him and that was for certain.

Memories of last night faded back into my knowledge. While grasping them, I daintily laid my head back sighing with no emotion whatsoever. I didn't know what to feel. He had respect for me and women in general as he didn't take me up on the offer of sex. There was a small part of me that was secretly sad that he had said no.

The exhilaration that he builds in me is like no other. Adrenaline would viciously pump in my veins with utter lust and desire for him. My pussy throbs for him. It was a nightmare to admit that but it's better than denying it. He pined himself on a chase for me and wanted me only when I was fully sober so that I would remember every moment.

I would say that one time with him and the lust would leave the system. However, I and I both know that isn't true. The lust would cause an addiction that I couldn't spare to have. He would love that from me but it isn't healthy. Not for me anyway.

I walked into the bathroom to see the same as before I had been killed by him. I will not fail to mention the fact that he killed me. It's a grudge that painted the worst impression of him. It's a shame. I got to see both sides and the worst got to him. There was a brush on there, engraved with the initials RR on the back. I guessed that was for me and began brushing my teeth.

Staring into the mirror, I noticed that my makeup was taken off. Every single bit of it and my hair was put into a bun. Messy but his effort was there. As I rinsed my mouth, my eyes spilled onto the pack of cotton buds with a cleanser beside it. He bought it or made someone buy it. He took care of me. The man that killed me is taking care of me when I was drunk with no straight mind to focus on anything at all.

Wonderstruck me as I wandered into my walk-in wardrobe. The same layout. With a shoe, top, suits, shirts, hoodies, joggers, jeans, trousers, legging, sweaters, blazers, jacket sections in the same places. It smelt of my jasmine scent. He kept everything like this. It reminded him of me. That's the only logical reason that I could think of.

I needed to get to the office so I hit the showers as fast as I could and got dressed into a usual work outfit: the black long-sleeved shirt and a check black and white skirt tagged along with knee-high boots. The old coat that I hadn't seen in so long. Oh god! I loved all of m clothes so much and can't believe I went this long without them. Rushing outside, I grabbed a note that was stuck on the bedside mirror.

Make yourself comfortable. I'll be back before you know it, Nem. There are books below to keep you company.

Narcissus.

I peered down beneath the table in pure curiosity and there I saw more books. The hopeless romantic books that I had to read. It ends with us and ugly love by Colleen Hoover stood out the most to me. I read reviews on it and it seemed good. It was actually on my next turn list but then I got engaged in the ace of spades that was a part of the collection that Narc had sent and annotated.