2

He went straight into his kitchen and arranged the groceries that he bought into the shelves and the refrigerator. He was not too hungry so he decided to skip breakfast and sleep. Though he was tired, he always dragged himself into the shower because he wanted to get rid of the sweaty smell before he collapses into his bed for a good five-hour sleep. As he was showering, he heard a voice humming from the other side of the wall. Startled at first, he slowly remembers about the new neighbor. It was a woman. A woman humming in a very sweet voice. Listening to her humming made him want to listen more. Though she was just humming and not singing anything he wished for her to sing, even just a line. Before he could process what was happening, the humming stopped and he could no longer hear her. "Should have taken a shower earlier", he thinks to himself and smiles. After a warm shower, he gets into his comfortable sweatpants and t-shirt and flops onto the bed, checking his phone for a while. He subconsciously hums the same tune and before he knows it, falls into a deep slumber.

~

The blaring alarm wakes him up. Technically this was his new day. It's high noon, time for him to study. He brushes his teeth, washes his face, and makes himself simple fried rice for lunch. Then he grabs some snacks, his trusty laptop, and his notes to go to the terrace outside to study. He plops onto his beanbag and starts preparing notes. As he is studying he catches himself humming a familiar tune. He suddenly remembers about his neighbor with sweet vocals and turns around to see through the glass door only to spot his neighbor's door locked. The boxes he saw that morning were no longer there making him wonder if the entire situation was some kind of tired dream. Not thinking much about it he dives back into his books. Hours pass by and the sun is setting into the horizon. It was time for him to take a shower and get ready for work. His work started after a few hours but staying at home bored him. So he goes out early every day, roams around in the neighborhood doing nothing in particular. Few days he clicks a few pictures with his phone, other days he listens to the busker playing outside the restaurant in the street or chit chat with the sweet Ahjumma selling fish cakes. It took him many days to acquaint himself with the place but now he loves going to work this way, he has some food on the way to the store for dinner or has it in his break outside the store whenever he is hungry.