3

His shift ended as usual. He was tired and walking home. Once the elevator took him to his floor, he walked towards his door already yawning. He suddenly caught something unusual from the corner of his eye. He turned around to see a bean bag, precisely a baby pink bean bag placed near his black one. He walked closer to his cozy corner. It sure changed. Not only the beanbag but the fragrance. Usually, it smelled like his perfume, a musky, wood fragrance, but walking in now that smell was mixed with the smell of Flowers? Fruits? He can't quite pinpoint what but it was a sweet fragrance. On the baby pink beanbag was a sky blue blanket. Only then did he realize it was chilly on the terrace so early in the morning. He just smiled and went back into his apartment. "So it was not a dream," he thought to himself, he made scrambled eggs and some toast for breakfast and went to take a shower. As he was showering he heard the humming again, this time he was lucky to hear the voice too. She was singing "Someone you loved" by Lewis Capaldi. Justin stopped showering the moment she hit the perfect notes, he just stood there listening unable to move, as she sang, "Now the day bleeds into nightfall, And you're not here to get me through it all" it was the emotion in her voice, singing as if someone broke her heart. Her voice was tugging his heart, making him think about who hurt her. Before he can even contemplate it, he hears a giggle from the other side. A very refreshing giggle, one that made anyone listening to it smile. And he heard her voice saying, "Ok Roselyn, enough of your dramatic singing today, time to get ready" and she spoke again in a higher pitch as though she was another person, "But I didn't finish it yet, what about my fans?" Justin held back his chuckle, she was doing some sort of skit he realized. "No you are running late already," she said in her normal voice and then used a higher pitch to say "Ok my dear Rosebuds, see you again tomorrow I need to go~" And as she stretched the last syllable he can hear her voice walking away, and then there was silence.
"Roselyn" he murmured, smiled, and continued showering. He was not able to forget the way she sang with so much depth and emotion. And how she laughed and switched to her small skit, making him realize her heart was not actually broken. He was mesmerized by that. He was still smiling as he changed into his shorts and a loose t-shirt and fell onto his bed. He was checking his phone as usual and suddenly typed Roselyn into his socials, as soon as he did before he even hit the search button, he came back to his senses and cleared it. "Gosh get a grip," he said to himself as he smiled and slowly fell asleep.