8

Roselyn sighed for the Nth time. She came back from her classes, ate her dinner, and turned her wardrobe upside down. Most of her clothes were either on her bed or the floor. "I should have gone shopping, I have nothing to wear" she wondered with a pout on her face. After an hour of eliminating various outfits, the choice came down to her off-shoulder dress or her favorite top and jeans. Her phone chimed indicating a new message. "Wear something comfortable and be ready by 10 am, I'll SEE you tomorrow." She smiled and murmured, "Jeans it is" and went to bed. She couldn't believe all this. If months ago you told her she would have such strong feelings for a guy she never met, she would have never believed you. And to think all this started with her dramatic singing showers is already making her blush with embarrassment. "See you tomorrow Cookie," she told herself and soon fell asleep.
~
Time seemed to move ever so slowly as Roselyn got ready for her date. "I'll wait at our place" his text read. She knew he meant the terrace garden. The words "Our place" made the butterflies in her stomach go crazy. She got ready, stood before the door, and started thinking about how crazy all this seemed. This was something you read in books. Pushing all those anxious thoughts aside she took a deep breath and opened the door. She saw a figure sitting on the black bean bag. Fiddling with his fingers. She smiled, he had a handsome side profile. "Justin?" she called out. He froze in his place, he slowly turned around and there was silence. Both of them had their mouths hung open. He was handsome, so handsome that you can mistake him for a celebrity. But he didn't speak at all. She suddenly felt self-conscious but slowly walked towards him. He stood up mouth still agape and just uttered, "You look very beautiful" and scratched the back of his neck. He was cute, adorable even, she giggled and said, "Well, you are fine too I guess" and they both laughed. He looked into her eyes and said, "Finally I can put a face to this beautiful voice." She smiled softly and said, "Me too, now let's go, you said you have a long day planned." As they were making their way down in the elevator they started discussing which songs to duet in the karaoke, it felt like their daily banter about their shower duet. By the time the lift reached the ground level, they were comfortable enough again to call each other nicknames and chase after each other to the main gate of the building.