7. A day with Alfie

It was the next day and once I actually woke up looking forward to the day! I couldn't wait to see Alfie, you had no idea! I said I'd be there after lunch, it was 11:32 so I had awhile to wait.

Joe called me down for lunch and we were having toasties. Mum made us ham and cheese toasties, and chicken and cheese for dad because he hates ham. Everything was fine until mum started to speak.

"Zoe" said mum.

"Yes mum..." I said. Feeling scared and curious to what she had to say.

"Well I've been thinking a lot about what happened when you went to the nurse and talking to dad a lot about it"

I felt chills running all through my body. Mum continued to say,

"I feel like the nurse was exaggerating a lot, and just because you had a panic attack doesn't mean you will have an anxiety disorder. I saw on the Internet that you can have panic attacks and not have an anxiety disorder. So I don't think we have to worry about anything."

For some reason this made me so angry, but also relieved. Like thank god my mum thinks that her daughter doesn't have mental illness but I know I do now. Taking all those tests just made me realise how serious my anxiety is. Things that I thought were normal to feel aren't normal and I'm different no one else feels the same way as I do. But no way was I going to say that, and I will never be brave to tell my family or anyone how I really feel, so I replied,

"Ok."

I carried on eating my toasties, and could feel my eyes start to water. Didn't realise that was how annoyed and sad I was about the situation! But I just couldn't hold it in.

Joe decided to talk to break the silence.

"Oh by the way Leah is coming round in like 10 minutes!"

"Ooooh you and Leah are getting pretty serious!" Dad said. I kind of cracked up laughing then!

"Really dad!? Well I really like Leah, she makes me really happy, I kinda like her a lot" Joe said turning red faced.

I started tearing up even more! Joe is so damn cute with Leah!!

"So Zoe's going out to see Alfie, and Leah's coming round to see Joe, why don't you double date?" Mum said.

I cringed so hard after she said this. Me and Joe just gave her the dirtiest look! I said I had to go to see Alfie so I left the table, grabbed my stuff and walked out the door.

Excitement rushed through my body, I just couldn't wait to see him! I arrived at his door, took a deep breath and knocked. I remembered that his parents were off at work so it was just me and him.

Alfie opened the door.
"Alright chump!"

"Eeeeeeep" I squealed! I ran up to Alfie and gave him the biggest squeeze.

"You ok?" Alfie asked

"I'm doing amazing now!" I replied as we walked into the sitting room.

Alfie handed me a bowl of popcorn, it was sweet, my favourite!

"How's your cold,gorgeous?" I asked Alfie.

"Well I think it's completely gone, and I feel great!"

"Aww that's so good, glad your feeling better" I said to him.

"To be honest I wasn't even that bad, I just kinda made it worse so I didn't have to go to school."

"Don't worry I get it! Done that loads of times!"

We sat there for hours just talking to each and watching films. It was just the perfect day. We watched, Harry Potter (because it's my favourite!) The Bling ring and Bad neighbours. It was so good!

I got a text from my mum saying she wanted me to come back. It was already 11 o'clock so I understood why. I didn't want to tell Alfie but he's the one who saw the text first.

Alfie walked to the door with me. He moved closer to me, wrapping his arms around my hips. He gently pressed his lips against mine, and it was magical. Well whenever we kiss it's always magical, he makes me feel so special.

I arrived home and everyone was asleep. I went up to my room and just spent hours on my laptop. I ended up going to bed at 2:30am which is so annoying because I told myself not to, since I've been doing it a lot, but to be honest I don't think it's ever going to change! Anyway, goodnight.

•Zoe and Alfie are just the cutest couple ever! I just love them together so much! Hope you enjoyed chapter 7!•